Long Term Private Capital - Private Equity Investor Relations Associate
About this role
BlackRock is hiring a Private Equity Investor Relations Professional, also known as a Product Strategist. Product Strategists are seasoned professionals that partner with our Investment Professionals and act as the link between investment teams and our client business, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists are embedded within investment teams acting as commercial partners with their respective investment...Description
About this role
BlackRock is hiring a Private Equity Investor Relations Professional, also known as a Product Strategist. Product Strategists are seasoned professionals that partner with our Investment Professionals and act as the link between investment teams and our client business, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists are embedded within investment teams acting as commercial partners with their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, as a specialized source of product, investments, and market knowledge.
This New York based role is embedded within our Long Term Private Capital business. The team member will be key to driving the fundraising, marketing and ongoing growth of our Long Term Private Capital fund, BlackRock’s private equity buyout strategy.
- Business Planning and Management: Drive project management for fundraises, client related initiatives and product development, including coordinating closely with deal teams, sales channels, legal, operations and other teams. Remain on top of the competitive landscape, and understand LTPC’s competitive positioning.
- Marketing: Play a key role in the ongoing development and maintenance of a full suite of product marketing and client content, including presentation materials, due diligence materials, internal training materials, periodic client communications and events.
- Fundraising: Support fundraising by delivering relevant materials, thought leadership, and responses to clients, completing RFPs, preparing materials and speaking notes for senior leadership, and leading client diligence for a global set of clients.
- Client Engagement / Client Service: Facilitate client reporting and related communications and activities. Aid in Product Strategy team’s role as the liaison between the client, and all other areas of BlackRock.
- 3+ years of experience in a Strategy, Consulting, Investment Banking or Portfolio Management role
- BA/BS Degree
- Superior ability to synthesize complex information and convey it in a clear, concise, engaging way
- Strong analytical skillset with high level of intellectual curiosity to drive differentiated insights
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of competence using Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft products
- Collaborative working style and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $118,750 – $140,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.