Global Client Business - Director, Learning & Development
About this role
Location: New York
Job Level: Director
The Global Client Business (“GCB” at BlackRock is focused on creating a ‘System for Clients.’ A key component of this strategy is developing a more systematic approach to learning and development across the client business. Defining what excellence looks like and different stages of one’s career and developing programmes and experiences to help elevate client facings employees’ skills to this standard. The vehicle for this...Description
About this role
Location: New York
Job Level: Director
The Global Client Business (“GCB” at BlackRock is focused on creating a ‘System for Clients.’ A key component of this strategy is developing a more systematic approach to learning and development across the client business. Defining what excellence looks like and different stages of one’s career and developing programmes and experiences to help elevate client facings employees’ skills to this standard. The vehicle for this is the BlackRock Client Relationship Academy (BCRA)
Being a student is also critically important for our clients, and for many strategic clients we have contractual obligations to deliver knowledge transfer year over year. This, alongside firmwide Learning and Development, is delivered through our BlackRock Educational Academy (BEA) annualised program which offers live events, both in person and virtual, multiple times a year and an ‘always on’ educational proposition through an on-demand portal.
The role will be a key member of BlackRock’s Global Client Business COO function, responsible for the design, implementation and content creation for the BlackRock Educational Academy and Client Relationship Academy, BlackRock’s learning initiatives for clients and those who serve them.
We are seeking a professional who is skilled at leading from the front, translating new ideas into action, addressing obstacles and championing a sense of shared accountability across partners. The role will have a dual mandate; to execute existing programs and develop new initiatives for Learning and Development, partnering closely with our colleagues across client segments and geographies; and to continue to oversee and manage the client knowledge transfer program, BEA.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment. We are looking for an individual who will proactively contribute ideas, execute on creating critical content, and is passionate about the ongoing mission of being a student of the markets, technology and our clients. Given the broad range of projects and collegial business culture, the candidate should feel comfortable engaging across functional areas and across hierarchies. The right candidate must also have strong project management skills, being able to oversee and manage complex client events multiple times a year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the senior sales leadership across GCB to build and execute a learning strategy aligned with the strategic initiatives of the business. Leverage and manage the GCB L&D Steering Committee
- Work with senior leadership and partners to design learning experiences that drive consistency, effectiveness and excellence enabling teams to deliver excellence to our clients and grow successful careers.
- Continue to drive and evolve existing programming being piloted in the AIB/RG/GCR businesses for Sales Managers, VPS & Directors and Junior talent.
- Regularly communicate with key stakeholders and partners to ensure learning curriculum supports the needs and learning is embedded in the flow of work
- Support sales learning through available technology including third party tools and BlackRock Academies
- Manage relationships with vendors and internal learning partners to stay connected to wider firm initiatives
- Research, identify and recommend best practices for education initiatives using both existing and new content
- Meet our contractual client obligations by managing and overseeing the BEA annual program. Managing the dedicated events support and acting as the go to strategy development and business liaison for all events.
- Look for opportunities to raise the profile, RM understanding and ultimately utilization of BEA across the firm
- Manage key partnership and relationships e.g. L&C
- Manage the budget and team across BCRA & BEA
- 10+ years work experience, preferably in sales, training and/or learning and development
- Experience and passion around developing a culture of learning and growing people
- High energy, flexible, motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and interest in learning
- Self-motivated and able to partner across business functions
- Ability to represent BlackRock in a professional manner with ability to interface directly and substantively with senior sales, business leaders and clients
- Familiarity with B2B selling model or previous sales experience
- Strong leadership, project management and manager skills
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $199,500 – $240,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.