VP, Client Platform Communications
About this role
About the Global Client Business
The Global Client Business has two primary objectives. The first is to deliver the firm locally to clients around the world, to build our brand, and to represent BlackRock to external partners. The second is to listen and bring back insights and opportunities from what clients and key partners in the financial system are saying and thinking. Both elements require tight coordination with all other areas of BlackRock to succeed.
A top priority is to bring the best of our investment and industry insight to clients to help them solve financial, portfolio, and commercial issues. This priority is especially urgent given the investment, geopolitical, and macroeconomic regime changes our clients face today. And as we do, we will also develop a global, systematic view of their challenges to help the firm as a whole anticipate and meet their needs.
The Global Client Business includes:
• Regions of EMEA, APAC, and Latin America
• Client businesses in U.S. and Canada (Wealth Advisory, Institutional, Retirement)
• Global client teams (FSIG)
About this role
The Global Client Business manages its engagement with clients and colleagues across the firm through a client platform. Given our growing business and rapidly evolving marketplace, it is important that the team be aware of both the world around them as well as ongoing evolution to our client platform. This role will drive the communication across the entirety of the Global Client Business as it relates to our client platform. In addition, the role will support the production of content to senior leads, firmwide committees, and other key areas. Collaboration and communication are keys to success in the role.
- Support production of presentations and communications for Global Client Businesses and partner teams.
- Draft communications and updates to senior level stakeholders on strategic effort including transformational areas.
- Collaborate with colleagues across select teams at BlackRock (Product Strategy, Innovation, Operations, Product Engineering) to ensure messaging is consistent across parties.
- Support the design and roll out of stakeholder-centric communications strategies to deliver the client platform across multiple channels.
- Design and lead the implementation of town halls and educational seminars.
- Develop close working relationships with team members in Continental Europe, London, North America and APAC to create operational synergies.
- Experience creating detailed briefs to internal and external populations
- Strong project management skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Track record of working effectively with senior executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- An upbeat teammate and driven self-starter, with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in a communications type role.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $137,500 – $194,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.