FRFS Marketing Budget/Vendor Management Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas CityFederal Reserve Financial Services (FRFS) delivers a suite of payments services to financial institutions via FedLine® Solutions, Fedwire®, National Settlement Service (NSS), FedCash®, FedACH®, and Check Services. We are currently leading a strategic effort to transform FRFS to a national, enterprise-focused organization. Over time, FRFS will offer an increasingly integrated set of Federal Reserve payment services, incorporating the FedNowSM Service upon its market entry in 2023. Through our evolved structure, we will meet the needs of the marketplace for new products and services more quickly, we will seek to provide a more robust and unified customer experience across our financial service offerings, and we will create new career growth opportunities for FRFS staff.
We are seeking leaders to set the vision, strategy, values, and priorities that enable FRFS to achieve its mission. Our leaders must demonstrate a strategic, action-oriented mindset focused on intellectual curiosity, agility, accountability, and the ability to drive innovation through experimentation. To achieve our vision for a people-focused organization with a strong collaborative and innovative culture, we expect our leaders to champion an inclusive environment and demonstrate our values in how we work and interact with each other and our broader community.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago hosts the National Marketing Team for the Federal Reserve Financial Services suite of products. The payment products and related services we support are used by ~9,000 financial institutions in the U.S. and move over $4 trillion a day in payments.
We are seeking a strong marketing communications specialist who will provide marketing operations and project management support for the national marketing team. The position requires a proven team player with strong written and verbal communication skills, an eye for detail, and solid organization abilities to support a range of marketing communications tasks, projects and programs. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This position does not have direct reports.
If the candidate is not a current Federal Reserve Bank System employee, this position will be based out of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the employee will be required to fulfill the on-site hybrid requirement.
- Develops and maintains documentation related to business operations processes including outage scenarios playbooks and management of vendors.
- Coordinates all activities around Federal Reserve System (FRS) procurement and payment functions (i.e., Ariba) and associated tools for managing 12+ marketing vendors.
- Develops and manages project plans with strong attention to detail and follow-through for marketing/operational initiatives.
- Coordinates marketing content reviews and approvals; proactively manages the process to meet deadlines.
- Plans and executes customer newsletters/engagements via emails, webinars and events (logistics and materials).
- Develops project status reports related to marketing operations.
- Coordinates ad hoc marketing needs as assigned.
- Brings best self to work every day; builds positive relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of FRS procurement and payment functions (i.e., Ariba) and management of external vendors
- Strong skills in documenting complex processes and information
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a highly complex, fast-paced agile environment, geographically diverse, and matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates aptitude to leverage relevant technology and software applications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Independent thinking, objective analysis, and decision-making abilities.
- Ability and willingness to provide occasional afterhours/weekend communication support.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
We offer benefits that go beyond the basics, featuring:
As an organization that deeply values its employees, we offer a robust set of financial, professional development, and personal benefits that go beyond the basics, featuring both a 401k/thrift plan with a generous company-match on employee contributions as well as a defined benefit pension plan and more. Depending on location, additional onsite amenities may include an onsite fitness center; onsite cafeteria with healthy and affordable food options; and additional onsite convenience benefits, discounts on a variety of goods and services.
Specific Benefits include:
- Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k/Thrift Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
*Subject to change based on District
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.