Markets Technology: Delivery Director, Market Monitoring & Analysis
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Markets Technology, within the bank’s Technology Group (TG), supports the Markets business whose activities include implementing market operations, monitoring and analyzing global financial market developments, providing financial services for international monetary authorities and services to the U.S. Treasury as its fiscal agent, and more. Markets Technology works collaboratively on the design, development, and implementation of short, medium, and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs of the Markets Group through new and existing applications.
Your role as the Markets Technology: Delivery Director, Market Monitoring & Analysis: is responsible for proving leadership of a diverse team comprised of multiple squads, operating in a matrixed organizational environment. The individual in this role will have people management responsibilities for tech leads, developers, quality engineers, and scrum master's while collaborating with other technology teams and product owners to deliver exceptional results. Reporting directly to the Head of Markets Technology, the individual in this role will oversee program outcomes, ensure successful product roadmap delivery including effort estimation and tracking, risk mitigation, and compliance. The Delivery Director will lead the Market Monitoring & Analysis division, a functional area within technology that is aligned to the Markets business structure and act as the primary business face-off representing that function.
- Team/Division Management: Lead, motivate, and guide multiple development squads, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement. Ensure each team member's growth and development, resulting in a high-performing and engaged workforce. Provide guidance, instruction, and support, and contribute to performance reviews and goal-setting initiatives for direct reports and mentoring of skip-level reports.
- Program Outcome Delivery: Assume ownership of the end-to-end program delivery process, establishing clear objectives and success criteria. Drive the teams to achieve program outcomes and exceed expectations, meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Collaboration with Matrixed Technology Teams: Forge strong partnerships with cross-functional technology teams, fostering open communication and effective collaboration. Maximize shared resources and knowledge exchange to optimize product delivery.
- Product Owner & Business Engagement (Relationship Management): Collaborate closely with product owners to understand requirements, priorities, and goals. Align the team's efforts with business needs and ensure seamless communication throughout the product delivery lifecycle. The product owners, business heads/SME and others should be engaged and supported by the Delivery Director.
- Estimation: Accountable for providing high level resource estimation during planning phase and refined estimates from squads to meet planned product deliverables. Take responsibility for planning, allocation, and monitoring. Ensure estimates are adhered to and products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Risk & Compliance Management: Identify potential risks and challenges that may impact program/product success. Develop comprehensive risk mitigation plans and proactively address issues to ensure smooth execution. Ensure adherence to industry standards, legal requirements, and internal policies. Uphold the highest standards of compliance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Delivery Methodology Decision-Making: Evaluate requirements, complexity, and desired outcomes to make informed decisions on the appropriate delivery methodology (eg. Agile). Ensure the chosen methodology aligns with product goals and objectives.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; advanced degrees or relevant certifications are advantageous.
- Proven experience (15+ years) in leading and managing development/delivery teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading numerous independently operating teams and effectively collaborating in a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong understanding of different software development methodologies, with the ability to make informed decisions on methodology selection.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to inspire and guide the team effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, resources, and risk assessment to achieve success.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes, technology trends, and project management principles.
Salary Range: $219000 - $406900 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This position requires access to certain sensitive information and is therefore limited to individuals who are U.S. Citizens and who must undergo a separate background screening.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.