Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of MinneapolisWould you like to find a way to use your law enforcement experience in a less traditional way? Are you interested in working for an inclusive and progressive Police Department? The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Law Enforcement Division safeguards employees, visitors, and assets of the Bank. The Bank is recruiting for a Police Officer who is professional, courteous and conducts themselves with high integrity to join this important team.
- Monitor metal detectors, metal detection wands to scan visitors, personal items, and packages for unauthorized items. Monitor and authorize visitors accessing Bank facilities and records visitor data on appropriate logs. Monitor surveillance equipment and other specialized equipment. Inspect vehicles entering security sensitive areas for unauthorized personnel or contents. Participate in special assignments for Law Enforcement Unit or Bank management, such as escorting VIP's or Bank visitors working in high security areas.
- Patrols building and reports unusual situation or unauthorized individuals. Monitor departments for safety or security violations, and reports findings to shift supervisor and prepares incident reports. Respond to general alarms and secures building until alarm has been canceled.
- Maintain proficiency in use of personal computer (PC) and related software, computerized access and control systems, video surveillance equipment, x-ray and metal screening equipment, several alarms systems and Automated External Defibrillators. Maintain knowledge of current trends and technological developments in the Law Enforcement field.
- Maintain proficiency in areas such as weapons (lethal and non-lethal), first aid, CPR, firefighting techniques, civil disorders, and public relations. Must exhibit spontaneous good judgment over life and safety issues (shoot and don't-shoot scenarios, discrete handling of detected weapons and explosive devices, when to employ use of life saving and rescue equipment).
- Inspect credentials and identification of employees and visitors and ensure that only authorized personnel and vehicles are permitted access to the facility.
- Use electronic metal detectors and x-ray machines in the physical search of persons, packages, briefcases, and luggage. entering the building, being especially alert for weapons, explosive devices and other prohibited items.
- Programs and maintains data in the access control system.
- Enforce federal and state law and the administrative rules and regulations of the Bank. Make apprehensions, participates in subsequent court or administrative processes.
- Work with employees and the public.
- Monitor security systems and devices to detect the planning or preparation of acts that may threaten the safety or security of the Bank and its contents, and employees and visitors and their personal property.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service by responding to or contacting complainants, victims, and suspects.
- Conduct preliminary investigations and take initial report/complaint. Prepare and submit required reports consistent with Division policy.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for files, follow-up investigations, and court purposes. Take command at crime scenes or accidents and administer first aid.
- Remain compliant with all FRS and Bank training requirements and maintains Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer certification.
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of relevant military, law enforcement or armed security experience with at least one year of full-time experience as a sworn law enforcement officer.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must be able to lift/carry 150 pounds.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) match, and a fully-funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.