Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOverview
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to design, test, and implement data solutions using industry standard software development practices. You will report to a Manager and be a part of an agile engineering group responsible for developing and maintaining complex data models, queries, SQL deployment plans, and data delivery pipelines. You are customer-focused, have problem-solving skills, and experience working in a collaborative environment.
Write and optimize queries, provide input on peer code reviews and data modeling, deploy data updates via continuous integration / deployment (CI/CD) practices.
Collaborate with software developers, other data engineers, and database architects on projects to ensure optimal data delivery following appropriate change management guidelines
Work with development and production support teams to troubleshoot data, application, and service deployment issues
Develop detailed, shared technical procedure documentation, including processes for contingency operations
Research, provide technical input, document, and implement new technology solutions.
Implement necessary patches, hotfixes, service packs, cumulative updates, upgrades, and configuration change to maintain security compliance and application integrity
- Bachelor's degree with a major or specialized courses in Information Technology or commensurate experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years related experience with a combination of the following:
- Knowledge of relational database management systems, such as Oracle RDBMS and PostgreSQL
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL, data warehousing solutions
- Issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Programming Languages: PL/SQL, Java
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with:
- AWS cloud services (for example: EC2, S3, RDS, Glue)
- Source control and leveraging a source code repository
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Solaris, or other UNIX / Linux distributions.
- Data collection and database/report design
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
- Travel (5%)
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to a great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
Paid time off
Flexible on-site work arrangements
Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
Top-notch health care benefits
Child and family care leave
Professional development opportunities
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—is recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-Hybrid
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.