Summer 2024 Marketing Communications Intern
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoThe Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is recognized as one of the most influential, trusted and prestigious financial institutions in the world. We serve the Seventh District encompassing Iowa and most of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin, and is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks in the United States. Together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., the 12 Banks constitute the nation’s central bank.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Summer Intern Program is a paid internship designed to give undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students direct exposure to our Bank’s operations. Beginning in early June, interns commit to 40 hours a week for 10-12 consecutive weeks onsite or hybrid depending on the department’s requirement.
WHAT MAKES THIS INTERNSHIP UNIQUE:
This internship gives you the opportunity to work for a regulatory bank dedicated to the public good by engaging in project-based assignments and professional development activities aligned with our mission. You will gain insights to the Federal Reserve System while contributing to your assigned department and build relationships with subject matters experts, Bank leadership, and fellow interns. You will work in a collaborative environment that fosters inclusion, reflecting all the communities we serve.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Must be a current, matriculated student in an accredited program graduating August 2024 or later
- 2.75 GPA (unofficial transcripts might be asked to submit)
- Ability to work 40 hours week throughout the duration of the 10-12 week internship program.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to verbally present information and respond to questions from small to medium groups
- Ability to interpret data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, support the decision-making process, and measure impact
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude
- Writing draft-version marketing communications, including website content, blog articles, newsletters, social posts, etc.
- Executing requests to update websites and manage a customer database
- Drafting summaries of meetings with key internal/external stakeholders
- Building PowerPoint presentations for internal/external stakeholders
- Assisting with the ongoing reporting and assessment of data and insights
- Demonstrated coursework in integrated marketing and communications, advertising, media and journalism or similar areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Tableau, and SharePoint preferred
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
- This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.