Client Retention Specialist
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
● Responsible for client relationship cultivation and retention, inspiring confidence through demonstrated expertise and meeting ongoing client needs
● Collaborate with strategic partners to identify at-risk accounts and execute mutually-agreeable strategies to retain/grow relationships
● Responsible for achieving set retention metrics ensuring the profitability of accounts within the defined portfolio
● Interprets competitor statements/quotes and performs rate analysis. Negotiates directly with clients using consultative conversation to retain account and maximize revenue potential
● Responds quickly and effectively to all requests for account review, rate analysis, product information, account terminations, etc. whether from internal or external customers
● Stays current on Heartland products, services and important industry changes in order to assign appropriate solutions to client requests
● Identifies product offerings for existing clients
● Places proactive outreach to newly assigned accounts to establish a relationship
● Answers inbound calls from merchants and resolves inquiry.
● Manages and resolves client complaints, providing excellent service and follow-up
● Ensures alignment with sales or service teams to ensure merchant satisfaction
● Identifies triggers for attrition and can represent the current status of attrition in the defined portfolio to leadership. Recommends solutions to clients, teammates and leadership
● Maintains compliance standards for Salesforce records and detailed documentation of client status and interactions
● Display a commitment to receive necessary coaching for continuous improvement and team development
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent operational, retention, or account management experience
● At least 3 years related operational, retention, or account management experience
● Has experience meeting sales goals with defined metrics and a proven track record of success.
● Management experiences a plus
● Highly effective interpersonal, relationship management, and both verbal and written communication skills
● Strong business, analytics and technical aptitude
● Above average execution of consultative selling techniques and negotiation
● Critical thinking and problem solving
● Account management skills with proven ability to build and manage internal and external relationships
● Excellent organizational and time management skills in a high energy environment to manage multiple priorities
● Displays empathy, adaptability, and a mindset of continuous improvement ● Willingness to work independently or collaborate with a team
Diversity and EEO Statements
Heartland is an organization that stands against racism, intolerance and injustice in all its forms — one that respects, honors and celebrates the diversity of our team members and the differences among us. Our commitment to fostering a company culture that values and respects Inclusion and Diversity is steadfast. Standing together as one company, we will continue to work to drive positive change for the communities in which we live and work and stamp out injustice.
Heartland is an equal opportunity employer.
Heartland, a Global Payments Company, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.