Customer Engineer Specialist
About NCR VOYIX
NCR VOYIX Corporation (NYSE: VYX) is a leading global provider of digital commerce solutions for the retail, restaurant and banking industries. NCR VOYIX is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 16,000 employees in 35 countries across the globe. For nearly 140 years, we have been the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday consumer interactions into meaningful moments. Today, NCR VOYIX transforms the stores, restaurants and digital banking experiences with cloud-based, platform-led SaaS and services capabilities.
Not only are we the leader in the market segments we serve and the technology we deliver, but we create exceptional consumer experiences in partnership with the world’s leading retailers, restaurants and financial institutions. We leverage our expertise, R&D capabilities and unique platform to help navigate, simplify and run our customers’ technology systems.
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to enable stores, restaurants and financial institutions to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to reduced costs and profit growth. Our solutions empower our customers to succeed in today’s competitive landscape.
Our unique perspective brings innovative, industry-leading tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. NCR VOYIX has earned the trust of businesses large and small — from the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
Title: Customer Engineer Specialist
Location: San Antonio, TX
NCR will provide and manage a local field operations liaison resource (“Field Liaison”). The Field Liaison will provide on-site IT support at CFA’s distribution center DC4 located in San Antonio, TX Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm LST.
The Field Liaison’s typical job duties may include:
- Device Set-up and configuration (including tasks such as imaging)
- Device Break/Fix
- Printer Set-up/Management (including tasks such as label replenishment)
- Mobile Device Management administration for 100+ devices (i.e. enrollment, application/OS updates)
- Coordination with various Chick-fil-A and vendor teams for resolving IT related issues
- Field requests for new devices and required IT capabilities
- Facilitation and escalation of ad hoc network requests to appropriate teams (i.e. port access/activation requests, network cabling requests, onsite vendor coordination)
- Facilitation of Warranty/Maintenance requests for devices
- Participation in weekly status meetings; providing updates on key accomplishments from the week and planning for upcoming week(s)
- Stay aligned with NCR helpdesk agents and collaborate on resolution of tickets and identification of root cause of incidents
Job requirements and basic qualifications:
- General knowledge of POS and familiarity with network/system management
- Familiarity with large servers, mainframe computers, and imaging software
- Basic PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity
- One to three years of related experience in a technical setting is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, etc.
- Local candidates strongly preferred (this position is not eligible for paid relocation and candidates must be available to begin work promptly in the assigned geographic territory)
- High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree or higher preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job
Integrated into our shared values is NCR Voyix’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR Voyix is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR Voyix has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR Voyix only accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR Voyix employees, or any NCR Voyix facility. NCR Voyix is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
“When applying for a job, please make sure to only open emails that you will receive during your application process that come from a @ncrvoyix.com email domain.”