Analyst, External Reporting
About this role
An analyst/associate* is required to join the External Reporting team to assist with the day-to-day operations related to External and Internal Reporting responsibilities. The wider External Reporting/Corporate Control group works on the quarterly earnings release, SEC-related filings, EPS and share count calculations, preparation of monthly senior management reports, and maintenance of the global balance sheet reconciliation system, and monthly consolidation process. The...Description
About this role
An analyst/associate* is required to join the External Reporting team to assist with the day-to-day operations related to External and Internal Reporting responsibilities. The wider External Reporting/Corporate Control group works on the quarterly earnings release, SEC-related filings, EPS and share count calculations, preparation of monthly senior management reports, and maintenance of the global balance sheet reconciliation system, and monthly consolidation process. The team is also responsible for the consolidation of BlackRock’s books and records.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Firm’s SEC filings (10-Q,10-K, earnings release) and supporting schedules.
- Assist with writing MD&A, disclosures and footnotes.
- Assist with iXBRL filings.
- Assist with the quarterly earnings release process.
- Preparation of competitor reviews.
- Perform accounting/disclosure research, and implement new accounting pronouncements.
- Resolve accounting and disclosure matters.
- Assists with the balance sheet reconciliation review
- Perform quarterly security user access reviews for Oracle Fusion, FCCS and ARCS
- Engage and manage ad hoc projects (system upgrades and testing, process improvements, documentation and other training manual updates/presentations)
- Compile documentation for our auditors and SOX teams on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with controllers globally and all levels of management as required to gather responses to time-sensitive inquiries
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in audit or accounting. CPA is required.
- The qualified individual must be detailed oriented and have the ability to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required for interaction with all levels globally
- Proficient skills in MS Office, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint
*Level is commensurate with experience.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $76,000 – $90,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.