Associate, Investment Guidelines Compliance
About this role
About this role
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution! At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With just under USD $10 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility:...Description
About this role
About this role
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution! At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With just under USD $10 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is currently seeking professionals at the Vice President level to become part of our Portfolio Compliance team.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services ('GAAPS'), one of the core functions within the Business Operations & Technology Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines.
This role sits in the Implementations team and primarily focuses on the management of new and change of regulation in Americas, providing the requirements and interpretation to code in BlackRock’s compliance system. The primary compliance system is within the Aladdin network, and PCG places compliance restrictions into the system using BlackRock’s proprietary coding language, which is similar to SQL.
- Manage intake and process development required for new regulations and updates to existing regulations
- Understand the coding requirements of the regulation and successfully oversee the testing and coding release
- Oversee the regulatory change queue, partnering with PCG regional managers on delivery, including inquiries of coding and op events in regulatory matters
- Document regulatory rules/processes to identify key risk areas, and gap analysis
- Partner with functional PCG change managers on new and change, and any required training for the function
- Knowledgeable with BlackRock’s various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
- Involvement in strategic projects and initiatives
- Determine PCG role for new regulations and updates to existing regulations across the PCG Function
- Responsible for regulatory related technology requests, and drive the regulatory technology solutions
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience in the investment management industry, investment products, with focus on regulatory matters, and polices
- Proficient in navigating and applying regulations outline in the 1940 act
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred.
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgment
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of regulatory implementations and projects
- Experience with Aladdin suite of applications (preferred but not required)
- Exposure to coding within Compliance Monitoring tools (Aladdin, Sentinel, Charles River, In-House systems) (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (preferred)
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to work with partners across the firm. Ability to convey concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Ability to work effectively and balance complexity and stress in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to risk mitigation ability to apply good judgement as to when to raise issues.
We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will adopt your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock. www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.