Multi-Alternatives Product Strategist - Associate
About this role
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles designed to capitalize on evolving opportunities across markets. Leveraging BlackRock’s specialized investment capabilities and technology resources, we design and manage a wide-range of alternative investment portfolios across liquidity profiles and strategies including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge fund solutions, single-strategy hedge funds, commodities and...Description
About this role
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles designed to capitalize on evolving opportunities across markets. Leveraging BlackRock’s specialized investment capabilities and technology resources, we design and manage a wide-range of alternative investment portfolios across liquidity profiles and strategies including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge fund solutions, single-strategy hedge funds, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the resources of a global firm in areas such as risk management, client service and operational support.
BlackRock’s Multi-Alternatives team (Multi-Alts), manages over $42 billion (as of September 1, 2023) in a wide range of multi-alternatives solutions for a broadly diversified, global client base.
Multi-Alternatives Product Strategist Overview
The Multi-Alts Product Strategist team works closely with BlackRock’s investment and marketing teams in order to attract and retain client investments in multi-alternatives products. The Product Strategist role emphasizes new business development and client relationship management. Product Strategists are involved in developing marketing materials and written content in support of multi-alternative focused capital raising and retention efforts. The role demands a high degree of collaboration with other team members, as well as frequent interaction with other BlackRock business units.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Relationship Management and Sales Support: the Associate will report to a senior member of the product strategist team and will support certain existing client and consultant relationships, as well as relationships with internal clients that include BlackRock’s distribution teams.
- Content/Marketing Materials Development: the Analyst/Associate will conduct research and develop written content and marketing materials in support of prospect development and client relationship management
- Due Diligence: the Associate will assist with comprehensive due diligence undertaken on each potential client opportunity using internal and external sources. They will organize materials and coordinate logistics for meetings with clients and prospects.
- Investment Insight: Work closely with the Manager Research, Risk Management, and Operational Due Diligence teams to build fluent knowledge of hedge funds on the platform and the industry in general.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong research and writing skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes
- Ambitious work ethic and professional disposition
- Ability to creatively and proactively support client relationship management and capital raising activities
- Natural curiosity and interest in capital markets and advanced investment strategies
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail and drive for perfection
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent Multi-Alts internally and externally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skill using proprietary technology.
- Unimpeachable integrity with an uncompromised reputation
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $118 750 – $140 000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.