Director, Quant Researcher / Modeler
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock’s mission is to create a better financial future for our clients. We have a responsibility to be the voice of the investor, and we represent each client fairly and equally. Constant communication with a diverse team of partners strengthens...Description
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock’s mission is to create a better financial future for our clients. We have a responsibility to be the voice of the investor, and we represent each client fairly and equally. Constant communication with a diverse team of partners strengthens us and delivers better results for our clients. Continuous innovation helps us bring the best of BlackRock to our clients. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
We are seeking a Director-level quant researcher to join the mortgage modeling team within AFE Single Security Group at BlackRock. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in our organization, providing hands-on expertise in building and maintaining econometric prepayment and credit models for a variety of mortgage products, including Credit Risk Transfer (CRT), Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR), and agency mortgages.
• Research, develop, and maintain next generation of prepayment and credit models for residential mortgages. Perform in-depth empirical analysis based on mortgage collateral and market data.
• Interface directly with internal and external clients to effectively communicate model performance, forecasts, and valuation/risk analytics.
• Collaborate with team members and stakeholders for client-related publications and discussions. Present original research at industry conferences and engage in conversations with clients about relevant research topics.
• Continuously monitor, validate, and recalibrate mortgage models. Stay updated on evolving industry trends, policy changes, regulatory requirements, and best practices to ensure our models sustain their leading status in the industry.
• Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g engineering, computer science, math, statistics, physics, economics, finance, or similar).
• Hands-on experience in building residential mortgage prepayment models.
• Proficient in programming (Python, R, familiarity with C++ is a plus).
• Strong communication skills. Ability to explain complex model structures and results to clients.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams, coordinate new models releases, and drive results.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $225,625 – $267,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.