Aladdin Engineering Risk & Controls: Critical Infrastructure Risk
About this role
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Engineering, the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin, BlackRock’s investment and operating technology platform. Being a member of the Aladdin Engineering means working with the industry’s leaders to build innovative and next generation investment technology products that shape the financial markets. We are 2,500 strong, and we eat, live and breathe tech. We partner with our end users...Description
About this role
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Engineering, the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin, BlackRock’s investment and operating technology platform. Being a member of the Aladdin Engineering means working with the industry’s leaders to build innovative and next generation investment technology products that shape the financial markets. We are 2,500 strong, and we eat, live and breathe tech. We partner with our end users to deeply understand their business strategy and build Technology to help them get there. We believe big about new opportunities and ways Technology can change the financial services ecosystem.
Join us and play a critical road in shaping the future of Aladdin risk management. Our Risk & Controls team works closely with senior leaders, subject matter experts and risk stakeholders to create transparency into risk exposure and define and prioritize risk-mitigating solutions. You will lead a community of product and platform-focused risk delegates embedded within their respective organizations and perform the direct risk lead for critical infrastructure with focus on our Technology Infrastructure and Hosting teams.
- Manage Critical Infrastructure Risk
- Lead RCSA and other related risk assessments as the framework for risk identification
- Identify, propose and drive risk reduction opportunities.
- Lead internal audits, including pre-audit reviews, self-identification, audit response, and action plan definition and management.
- Lead prioritization and timely completion of risk obligations, including Internal Audit findings, risk and control issues, RCSA action plans, policy compliance and regulatory compliance.
- Lead Risk Delegate Program
- Define operating standards for risk delegates.
- Develop a community communication and information platform.
- Communicate risk management expectations and initiatives to risk delegates and measure progress.
- Drive improvements to risk manager experience
- Identify cross-functional risk-reduction opportunities.
- Executive Presence and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, build long-term relationships to influence outcomes and drive effective results across a multitude of senior stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Strong grasp of content, business models, curiosity about Technology, markets, and geopolitical trends; ability to synthesize large amounts of information, form and test hypotheses and identify opportunities.
- Problem-solving: Structured critical thinker with outstanding problem-solving abilities who can organize people under pressure and pull in key decision makers to prioritize issues and respond to clients and senior management
- Technology Infrastructure and Hosting Expertise: Subject matter expert in Technology Infrastructure and Hosting risk both in an on prem and cloud environment.
- Technology Operational Risk Expertise: Subject matter expert in technology operational risk, with deep understanding of policy, control and metrics expectations related to system availability, security and integrity for a regulated financial entity or critical service provider for financial entities.
- Operational Risk Framework and Assessment Expertise: Subject matter expert in operational risk frameworks, with particular focus on RCSA
- Technical Expertise in PowerBI and Smartsheets: Experience supervising the development of automated metics and dashboards in PowerBI or similar platforms, as well as using Smartsheets for issue tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrates integrity and the highest standards, with dedication to inclusion and diversity
- 8+ years of experience in asset management, financial services or Technology in a technology operational risk related role
- CISA or CRISC certification preferred
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $161,500 – $200,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.