Administrative Business Partner, Risk & Quantitative Analysis Group
About this role
BlackRock’s Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA’s mission is to advance the firm’s risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA’s risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock’s investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary...Description
About this role
BlackRock’s Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA’s mission is to advance the firm’s risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA’s risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock’s investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
RQA is committed to investing in our people to increase both individual enablement and a strong collaborative environment. As a global group located all around the world, our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages teamwork, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strengths connect with our purpose.
This role will support the day-to-day administrative activities of Managing Directors and Directors as well as provide general support for their respective teams. We are seeking a candidate who has previous administrative experience supporting multiple people, is extremely organized, professional, and has a passion to find new, innovative ways to support teams and projects.
- Provide daily administrative support to assigned Managing Directors and Directors in an efficient, detail oriented, and proactive manner
- Manage daily schedule, planning ahead weeks at a time, and provide core administrative support with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- interact with senior management and their assistants to schedule meetings
- answer phones, coordinate conference room scheduling and meal arrangements
- handle complex travel itineraries, including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations and car service arrangements
- process and track expense reports and reimbursements;
- Provide backup and executive support to the Administrative Business Lead of BlackRock’s Chief Risk Officer
- Perform ad hoc projects, such as assist in presentation preparation, proofread communications, oversee seating assignments and team organizational charts, and help with the onboarding process of new hires
- Plan networking and team-building events to promote team culture and morale
Qualifications or Desired Skillset or What we are looking for:
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Resourceful, proactive approach and capable of adapting to an ever-shifting list of priorities and projects
- Team player with an ability to work with all levels and personalities
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Adobe PDF skills
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $120,000 which is the equivalent of $36.06 – $57.69 per hour. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.