Product Oversight and Governance Associate
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital...Description
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets.
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $9 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology and Operations (“Tech Ops”) is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Tech Ops establishes and coordinates operational procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, accounting agents, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for leading BlackRock's relationships.
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS)
GAAPS manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock’s global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts and provides various other administrative and oversight services to BlackRock’s various product ranges including the BlackRock mutual funds, iShares ETFs and Collective Funds. Product Oversight and Governance (“POG”) is a unit within GAAPs.
POG Responsibilities include:
- Assist in all functions related to Open & Closed End US Mutual Funds, Collective Investment Funds, and ETFs, including, life cycle implementation, expense oversight, prospectus coordination, financial reviews, board reporting, custody oversight, and aspects related to product change management.
- Preparing Board Materials & other similar reporting
- Technical accounting and regulatory guidance for various products
- Product lifecycle management – launches, mergers, liquidations, and other events
- Interact with custodians and various internal departments involved in product management
- Represent GAAPs in large strategic projects and initiatives.
- Communicate with all levels of management
POG teams are organized regionally to support the unique jurisdictional requirements and stakeholders for our various fund ranges. POG manages the fund level “structural” needs of the various fund ranges, including support to BlackRock business groups and the Board of Directors/Trustees that oversee them. Members of the POG team are responsible for overseeing the funds’ overall control environment and manage numerous business affairs in support of our funds. These individuals will connect across GAAPS and Business Operations to manage product and regulatory changes within our fund ranges. POG works closely with several other internal teams to deliver quality and value to our shareholders including but not limited to teams responsible for accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development, pricing, tax, legal and compliance.
3 or more years of fund administration, fund accounting, and/or financial reporting experience, including (but not limited to):
- US GAAP/40 Act requirements for mutual funds including Exchange Traded Funds
- Expense structures and fund distributions
- Provider Control environment, due diligence & NAV Oversight
- Fund / Product events such as fund and class launches, mergers, liquidations and other restructuring events
- Project Management of Large Strategic Projects & Initiatives
Project Management for regulatory change and business change
- Accountability and ownership of key functions and special projects
- Solid prioritization skills and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities – ability to interact and clearly communicate / articulate with all levels, including portfolio managers, fund directors, external auditors, senior management and vendors.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm; passion for performance
- Excellent attention to detail
– Travel: No
– Direct Reports: No
– Licenses: No
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.