Network Operations Engineer - Associate
About this role
Technology & Operations:
Technology & Operations is the backbone for both the client lifecycle and the investment lifecycle. The group’s Follow the Sun Model ensures that the firm’s operations are consistent and efficient across all investment products, client channels and regions, helping to deliver an outstanding client experience and drive scalability. Technology & Operations is driven by a global network of Operating Centers of Excellence, which centralizes...Description
About this role
Technology & Operations:
Technology & Operations is the backbone for both the client lifecycle and the investment lifecycle. The group’s Follow the Sun Model ensures that the firm’s operations are consistent and efficient across all investment products, client channels and regions, helping to deliver an outstanding client experience and drive scalability. Technology & Operations is driven by a global network of Operating Centers of Excellence, which centralizes knowledge and equips support teams with the data and timely information needed to innovate and deliver on behalf of internal partners and clients.
BlackRock’s Technology & Enterprise Service Group seeks to provide BlackRock Employees with robust technology infrastructure and strategic workplace solutions to deliver a consistent employee experience around the world, while handling information security and data integrity. Teams aligned to support the firm’s functions.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with regional and global teams to provide ongoing support for the global network infrastructure (on-prem and cloud).
- Be security focused and ensure standard configurations are deployed in the infrastructure. Call out any anomalies and spearhead efforts to remediate.
- Maintenance and optimization of the global network infrastructure including Firewalls, F5 load balancer, Routers/Switches, Proxies, Network Access Control, Wireless etc.
- Assist in solving issues with the cloud services (Azure, AWS and GCP) & platform related to network connectivity.
- Work alongside our cloud engineers to help manage and support scalable automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist in developing solutions and implement changes as necessary.
- Perform network configuration changes in accordance with change management process.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise.
- Respond to alerts by following documented procedures for verifying, determining the case and resolving or escalating as necessary.
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes.
- Review incident reports provided by vendors, as well as draft internal incident summary reports to senior management when called for.
- Work closely with Engineering team is architecting solutions and in implementation of solutions.
- Participate in vulnerability management process. Identify and implement solution to remediate TVAS issues.
- Completion of ServiceNow tickets within the SLA.
- Utilize ADO Boards for proper task tracking and in proactively identifying task conflicts.
- Participate in on-call rotation, shift work and regular weekend work.
What You'll Need:
- Five – six years’ experience as a Network Engineer with in-depth operations & troubleshooting expertise across on-prem and cloud.
- In-depth knowledge of Encryption technologies including VPNs, IPSec and MACsec.
- Extensive experience with Cisco routing and switching including OSPF, BGP, Layer-1 and 2 technologies.
- Experience with Cisco and Check Point firewalls, as well as Zscaler Cloud proxies and F5 load-balancers
- Experience scripting and providing automation solutions for networks (Python, Ansible, Terraform) is highly desirable.
- Experience of Forescout solutions for Network Access Control (NAC) is preferred.
- Flexible and able to shift rapidly with an ever-changing environment.
- Must possess ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and escalate issues effectively.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, as well as strong customer service skills
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives in the execution of daily operations.
- Technical certification such as CCNP, Azure and AWS or equivalent preferred.
Who You Are:
- You take emotional ownership of the technologies and services you deliver.
- You are committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable working environment.
- You are passionate about crafting and evolving the services you are responsible for to better serve our internal and external clients!
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and going deep when necessary.
- You persevere where others do not!
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.