Associate, Product Strategy - Real Assets Debt
About this role
Job Purpose/Background/Business Unit Overview
The Private Debt businesses anticipates significant further Real Assets Debt (Infrastructure & Real Estate Debt) product launches and fundraising activity in 2023 and beyond and is seeking an Associate level candidate to support this. As part of the Private Debt Product Strategy team the candidate will support product fundraising, new product launches, marketing, research, platform communications, and platform-strategic projects....Description
About this role
Job Purpose/Background/Business Unit Overview
The Private Debt businesses anticipates significant further Real Assets Debt (Infrastructure & Real Estate Debt) product launches and fundraising activity in 2023 and beyond and is seeking an Associate level candidate to support this. As part of the Private Debt Product Strategy team the candidate will support product fundraising, new product launches, marketing, research, platform communications, and platform-strategic projects.
The Associate will support the fundraising and product launch of Real Assets Debt products globally by working closely with the investment teams and will interface with other BlackRock teams such as Client Businesses (FSIG and ICB primarily), Consultant Relations, Risk & Analytics, Legal & Compliance and Ops & Admin.
This role will be exposed to a variety of investment and investor themes, will develop a strong understanding of a range of investment strategies within Private Debt and will work very closely with other members of the BlackRock Private Debt teams. Presentation and communication skills are essential to this role, particularly the ability to distil complex investment concepts into plain language. Knowledge of the Real Assets Debt investment environment is desirable but not essential.
- Contributing to AUM growth by supporting the global fundraising and supporting the existing client relationship management of BlackRock’s Real Assets Debt strategies.
- Responsible for content and narrative creation, market trends and competitors research, client materials preparations and due diligence support
- Closely work with the Alternatives Client Platform (ACP) team on quarterly client reporting and ongoing investor queries
- Assist with conferences, forums and events organised by the Private Debt team, including materials and speaking points preparations
- Exposure to Private Debt senior leadership by helping with platform-wide strategic projects, such as market research, competitor analysis and real assets separately managed accounts proposals
- Work closely with investment team to understand and articulate investment strategy, process, and considerations and individual transactions to support client relationships
Knowledge / Experience:
A strong candidate will bring knowledge/experience in a number, but not all, of the following:
- Knowledge of global fundraising campaign management, including regional variations between Asia, Europe and the Americas
- Knowledge of the infrastructure and/or real estate investment environment preferable, but not essential
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, familiar with statistical analysis
- Disciplined organizational and project management skills
- Experience in working with large insurance companies and/or pensions
- An understanding of Private Capital Markets, Fixed Income & Equity products
- Experience in a client facing role with the ability to clearly articulate alternative products and offerings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to synthesize complex ideas
- Ability to work as part of an internationally distributed team
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement and leadership
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $118,750 – $140,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.