Analyst, Investment Performance - DEL
About this role
Functional Title: Performance Measurement & Attribution, Analyst
The Performance Measurement and Attribution (PMA) team, part of the Global Accounting and Product Services group, has a reputation for aligning our performance attribution solutions with the evolving needs of our clients. Our core objectives are consistently driven by these tenets:
- Quality attribution is a critical component to the feedback loop, and something our clients expect.
- We strive to be a student of technology and drive the deployment and development of the next generation of attribution and performance tools.
- At a large firm like Blackrock, we value forming partnerships with diverse groups of teams to deliver performance measurement, evaluation, and attribution analysis for investment information and governance globally.
Background and Development Value:
Do you want to build a foundation in performance, and learn to provide investment and technology solutions to help our clients meet their goals? Then this team is right for you! The PMA team provides investment performance and attribution analyses globally across Fixed Income, Index Equity, Active Equity, and Multi-Asset strategies. We focus on using technology and business analysis to improve existing processes to optimize data delivery. One of the many benefits of being a globally located team: we cover all bases by following the end of one day from EMEA and start of another day in APAC.
- Work closely with business partners; lead attribution analysis as an authority and get exposure to teams globally.
- Be the primary source of performance and system knowledge, and collaborate with external parties such as fund administrators, custodians, and various index vendors.
- Establish relationships with Portfolio Engineering / Management and risk specialists to provide quality attribution analysis and ex-post content.
- Research residuals using the Aladdin platform and implement solutions.
- Support internal analytical systems (Aladdin), and use them to investigate internal and external client inquiries, while supporting our growing business needs
- Display integrity and confidence when interacting with different teams – demonstrate ownership and understanding of data flows and dependencies.
- Familiarity with Multi-Asset, Fixed Income and Equity instruments, and general performance principles
- Ability to analyze large data sets, including design and testing methods in a fast-paced environment.
- Works hard to learn new technologies, and eager to delve into Aladdin attribution methodologies and systems.
- Possess a positive, result driven approach while being reactive in a multifaceted environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent; prior experience with business modeling techniques and/or attribution tools (CFA or CIPM designation a plus).
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skill, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative.
- Take an interest in learning technical skills to assess risks accurately.
- Experience analyzing and testing securities data, including classifications, sector schemas, and some level of securities investment analysis.
- Display knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Experience with performance tools and external fund administrators a plus
- Exposure to data science tools (Python, Tableau, Power BI) and programming languages (SQL, Perl, Java) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal interaction capabilities.
- Sharp control/risk mitigation mentality
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.