Internal Wholesaler - Market Sales Partner
About this role
Are you a highly motivated, self-starter who can develop positive relationships? Would you like to use your market knowledge to make a difference day in and day out at the world's largest asset manager? BlackRock is seeking a Market Sales Partner/Internal Wholesaler to become part of our US Wealth Advisory (USWA) team. Our USWA team establishes relationships with wealth management firms and platforms to distribute BlackRock's alpha-seeking and iShares investment capabilities and drives the adoption of BlackRock's portfolio construction and digital wealth technologies by financial advisors. The team has roughly 200 colleagues between Boston, Princeton, Atlanta, and San Francisco partnering with 130 Market Leaders/External Wholesalers who are at the forefront of reinventing the industry. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Who We Are:
At BlackRock we are a fiduciary to our clients, which means we look out for their best interests. We have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being. We are passionate about our work. But we’re also passionate about having a life. From financial wellness to personal wellness, we offer a wide variety of strong work/life support for you to achieve the highest quality of life. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible Time Off
- Strong collaborative culture
- 401k matching
The Market Sales Partner/Internal Wholesaler partners with our Market Leader/External Wholesaler to effectively execute a business plan to drive BlackRock products and solutions to Financial Advisors within a specific segment and defined territory. The Market Sales Partner will maintain a high level of client connectivity and represent the most comprehensive investment offering in the industry.
- Proactively position and differentiate BlackRock and our investment products against competitor firms and products to Financial Advisors
- Build an efficient and thoughtful strategy to maximize engagement and influence
- Expand existing client base by uncovering investment needs and presenting solutions
- Identify and pursue new opportunities by client profiling, lead identification, and follow-up activity
- Exhibit high-level market knowledge and ability to converse with financial advisors on investment solutions and current economic and market conditions
- Embrace the firm’s commitment to the client experience and exceed client expectations
- Partner with colleagues across the organization to improve the BlackRock/Client relationship
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience in mutual fund or brokerage industry required
- Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu) required or obtained within licensing time frame after hire
- Knowledge of investment trends and advisor practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to engage with key partners and to present sales materials and provide technical information regarding our products
- Ability to work in team environment while being a driven self-starter
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and work under tight time constraints
- Desire to have a “Sales as a Destination” career with upward mobility in client facing sales roles
- Proven MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with web-based technology
- Clean U-4
Location: San Francisco, Atlanta, Boston or Princeton
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.