Software Engineer, Front-end - Aladdin Wealth Enterprise, Associate
About this role
Software Engineer, Front-end, Aladdin Wealth Enterprise
Aladdin Wealth is a fast-growing FinTech business and our mission is to maximise the power of Aladdin’s analytics, technology, and data to give financial advisors the edge they need to build better portfolios and deliver better outcomes to their end customers. Our product is a B2B enterprise SaaS offering, and we generate direct revenues for the firm. We operate as one cohesive unit spanning client, product, and engineering, and we pride ourselves on getting things done and delivering new business value quickly and frequently. We are passionate about finding new ways to tackle real business problems in our industry using technology and data.
We are rapidly growing our engineering team and are looking for ambitious individuals who can quickly learn our codebase, write unit tests, respond to bugs, and feature requests in partnership with other developers in the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement new software features.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Partner closely with API teams, product management teams, and external client relationship management teams to improve the product offering and drive-up user engagement and adoption.
- Participate in our Agile ceremonies and help analyze and estimate effort for assigned tasks in partnership with other developers on the team.
- Contribute to architectural discussions, decisions, and documentation.
- Participate in peer code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Troubleshoot production issues affecting our client workflows.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Beyond engineering, a successful candidate will always strive to learn the business context of their projects to quickly play a leading role in solving problems and driving decisions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Hands-on experience in a software engineering role in a commercial capacity
- Good command of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience architecting and deploying sophisticated applications in a production capacity.
- Experience with strongly typed languages, including Typescript.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with Git, ADO, and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Java or other JVM based language.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products/markets.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.