Associate - Data Operations
About this role
We are looking to add a team member to our Private Data Operations team in Delaware. This team is part of the Aladdin Data organization within Aladdin. The core focus of the team is to provide consistent data capture related to alternative products and private investments, and dissemination of the data to various downstream consumers and systems.
This role will provide broad exposure to to the operational aspects of alternative investments, including private credit, private equity, hedge funds, SPACs, and other non-traditional financial products. Qualified candidates will demonstrate existing knowledge of, or eagerness & enthusiasm to learn about alternatives and the essential data required to manage such products.
- Provide onboarding support for the data capture of alternative products and investment types, which includes: sourcing data from legal documents and received from third parties and coordinating input of data into internal systems.
- Assist in the onboarding of alternative products and investments process; including exposure to investment/trade, cash management, valuation, PnL recognition and reconciliation processes and related system implementation.
- Assist in trading support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution.
- Work with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to transmit and receive product and asset related data, and resolve operational issues, as identified.
- Prepare process documentation and controls for the team’s core responsibilities, and ensure they are updated and reviewed regularly.
- Participate in other group projects and initiatives to assist in building out the new Private Data Operations Platform.
Experience and Required Skills:
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in the fields of investment and/or private credit operations, data management, accounting and/or administration within the financial industry. A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field is preferred. Experience with credit agreements and working knowledge of private loans is a plus.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of or interest in alternative investment products, including private credit, hedge funds, private equity funds, structured products, and complex capital and investment structures.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient Excel skills.
Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and creativity, and be able to work with internal and external partners to achieve desired goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits. For more information, visit us at www.blackrock.com. For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate “Alt. Products Admin” in subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer — M/F/D/V.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.