Analyst, Bank Governance - ATL
About this role
BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.
Within BlackRock exists one of the nation’s largest banks. BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. (“BTC”) is a subsidiary of BlackRock and a nationally-chartered bank that provides investment management, trust and other fiduciary services for institutional clients. Its primary regulator is the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (“OCC”), the agency of the U.S. Treasury Department that regulates U.S. national banks. BTC manages client assets invested in separate accounts and maintains and manages collective investment funds, such as group trusts and common trust funds. BTC also manages other unregistered investment vehicles. With approximately $2 trillion in assets under management, BTC offers active and indexing strategies, and securities lending and transition management services.
Within the Technology & Operations COO team is a focused and energized group of professionals responsible for ensuring that BTC fulfills our fiduciary responsibilities and adheres to all applicable regulations.
What will your role be?
The Analyst – Bank Governance contributes to leadership, management and vision vital to ensure appropriate bank governance. This includes project management, understanding and evolving process design, analyzing large data sets, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and workflow systems in place to effectively oversee BTC’s activities. This role will report to a member of the Bank Governance team and will work closely with BTC’s management team. Relationship management and communication skills, an ability to engage across all levels of BlackRock, critical thinking and developing solutions to challenges that will stand up to the intellectual challenge provided by BTC’s management, regulators, and auditors is vital.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with teams within Technology & Operations (e.g. Onboarding, Portfolio Compliance, Billing) and outside (e.g. Legal & Compliance) to drive regular results
- Support execution of bank governance programs (e.g., coordinate account reviews, provide metric reporting, prepare materials for senior leaders)
- Support and lead weekly cross-functional meetings to keep partners informed and held accountable
- Use Excel, SQL, and proprietary databases to manage account data and provide critical metrics and data driven solutions
- Identify opportunities to build efficiencies and streamline existing processes
- Build awareness and appreciation of BTC by providing proactive advice to business partners on “what it means” to be a nationally chartered bank
- Perform analysis and prepare regular reports for the governance team
- Participate in ad-hoc bank governance projects
- Intellectually curious individual with bachelor’s degree required (recent graduate to 2 years’ experience) and a willingness to be challenged
- Comfortable in working with established subject matter experts from various teams, enjoys influencing others and building long-term relationships
- High attention to detail, ability to focus and own tasks until completion, self-motivated, proactive and able to change directions quickly
- Software skills including a strong background in Excel and an interest in working within proprietary databases.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and summarize complex matters, both orally and in writing, at all levels
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change
- Demonstrates welcoming team spirit, is prepared to assist colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within their responsibilities.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.