Junior Commodity, Carbon and Digital Assets Trader - Associate
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world.
The Global Trading business executes trades on behalf of all portfolio management teams at the firm. The team is organized along regions and asset classes, providing the best service to our investment teams, and achieving optimal outcomes for our clients. We believe BlackRock’s size and scale serves as a distinct advantage, uniquely positioning us to access liquidity and deliver consistently strong execution.
The Global Commodities, Carbon Emissions, and Digital Assets Trading Team in New York is seeking a trader to trade the above listed products. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external partners to provide best execution and market flow information for investment activities in these markets. Fundamental knowledge of commodities, carbon, or crypto is preferred. Additionally, the candidate will be focused on innovation in developing areas of carbon and digital assets, working closely with internal working groups focused on market and product evolution as well as educating interested parties internally.
- Work closely with fellow team members to provide best execution in global commodity, carbon, and crypto markets
- Primarily support order workflow and execution of instruments on behalf of indexed and active market participants
- Provide insight into market activity and disseminate market intelligence and flow information, engaging with the sell-side and providing input on counterparty relationships
- Work both independently and with other BlackRock teams to develop technology to enhance workflow and analysis across the investment and trading platform
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to formulate and socialize BlackRock’s views on Carbon and Digital Assets market development and regulation
- Experience with commodities, carbon emissions, or crypto
- Fundamental competency with basic commodity or crypto fundamentals
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are vital
- Programming and scripting skills are preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize demands in a high-volume, high-pressure business
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial environment and to be a motivated and adaptable self-starter
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Series 7 and 63 are preferred but not required
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $115,000 – $147,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.