Director, HR Business Partner for Aladdin
About this role
The Director, HR Business Partner for Aladdin will be responsible for partnering with a best-in-class tech organization to develop and drive innovative HR strategies. This leader will empower our leaders, collaborate across the platform, unlock talent, innovate within the businesses, and ensure accountability at all levels of the organization. This leader will also be responsible for leading and developing a team.
The ideal candidate for this HRBP role will have a passion for solving complex challenges. They will work on key initiatives in areas such as organizational design, diversity / equity / inclusion, performance & reward, employee relations, and culture, engagement & leadership development. This is a great opportunity to take on responsibility with a dynamic and growing business.
About BlackRock – HR Business Partner Group
At BlackRock, we are building a world class HR team. We are passionate about finding, growing, and retaining the best talent to help deliver on the firm’s purpose; to help more people build their strong financial future. Our HRBPs lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding employee performance and lead the overall BlackRock talent agenda. This is achieved through a focus on providing expert insights & advice, optimizing the organization and embracing resiliency, agility, and scale.
- Provide advice and guidance on performance management, including leadership development, accelerated development, succession planning, coaching, talent reviews, and terminations.
- Lead and nurture a team of global HRBP professionals by clarifying common goals across diverse stakeholders and delivering results with commercial impact.
- Drive organizational change and influence leaders to address complex issues.
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop hiring plans.
- Influence senior leadership on high-impact engagement activities on employee experience and inclusion initiatives.
- Drive informed decision-making by using data and metrics.
- Reinforce and evolve BlackRock’s culture and principles.
- Collaborate and develop high-performing partnerships with the broader HRBP team, Recruiting, Legal, Talent, Finance, and other internal key relationships.
- Partner with the Employee Relations and legal counsel on the identification, escalation, risk mitigation and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Take a leadership role in the application of the firm’s performance and reward philosophy, and specific delivery of the annual promotion, performance, and compensation cycle.
- 7+ years of HR Business Partner experience with strong talent and DEI experience.
- Ability to think critically, logically, and analytically.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, effective, and trusted relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with a global matrix business, across multiple geographies and partners while balancing competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Comfortable ‘owning’ the detail as well as thinking strategically.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence senior investors and business leaders.
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design.
- Experience working across the various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, and talent management.
- Ability to deliver pre-prepared presentations to large groups on a regular basis and comfortable hosting candid discussion groups.
- Ability to execute on firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global corporate environment.
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
- Previous experience covering a front office client group highly preferred.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $170,000 – $230,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.