Associate, US Product Engineering - ETF Architect
About this role
BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment manager in the world, helping millions of people and the world’s biggest institutions and governments reach their investing goals. The ETF Markets team is responsible for growing and protecting the US ETF product suite for BlackRock and iShares. We are passionate about modernizing markets and building the industry’s most innovative, scalable, and resilient markets' engine. This will allow us to offer clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent, and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
We are seeking to hire an ETF Product Architect responsible for delivering on iShares and BlackRock's ETF product development pipeline. This will involve enhancing our existing products as well as developing new creation and redemption processes, considering market ecosystem demands, controlling operational and investment risk in the support of new, sophisticated, and innovative ETF products that deliver precise performance outcome in the context of increasing complexity.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of securities markets, investment products, and portfolio construction. Leading these critical initiatives involves working across cross-functional teams internally including Portfolio Management, ETF Capital Markets, Product Strategy, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Legal and Compliance as well as externally with Fund and Index Providers. Additionally, the role includes regular communication with senior EII management and the development of Board proposals for new products.
- Innovating! Identifying opportunities for product enhancements and index evolution as well as opportunities in product structuring decisions
- Ability to learn quickly, grasp technical content and simplify to communicate complex concepts to different audiences
- Strong attention to detail in the preparation of quantitative outputs and written materials/presentations
- Tackle problems, build solutions and drive forward strategic priorities
- High degree of organization able to prioritize between multiple initiatives to meet competing timelines.
- Through close collaboration with internal partner groups drive effective decision-making related to product structuring, investment process, and operating model design tradeoffs
- Develop deep understanding of our existing range and opportunities for our ETF products
- Experience in financial services with experience in ETF product development, product structuring, portfolio management, risk management or trading
- Understanding of different asset classes, including equity, fixed income and commodities
- Experience in leading projects and building relationships with partners
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to function well under time pressure
- Self-motivated, can work effectively, both, independently and as part of a team
- Strong business judgment and decision-making with integrity and emotional intelligence
- High intellectual curiosity with strong interest in financial markets and ability to learn and apply
For New York City and California only the salary range for this position is $109,250 – $130,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.