Principal Applied Scientist, Ads Marketplace Engineering
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the role
Reports to: VP of Engineering, Ads Marketplace
Location: CDLX has offices across the US (and we're open to remote candidates too!)
Principal Applied Scientist, Ads Marketplace Engineering will play a key role in designing and implementing the next generation serving platform powering the Cardlytics ad marketplace. You will be part of a team rethinking and redefining ads delivery and optimization at scale, with a direct impact on millions of customers every day. You will need to have a solid grasp of challenges and bring in novel ideas to solve interesting problems in distributed systems, data engineering, and machine learning. To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience building machine learning models and using data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems. Hands-on experience developing pricing and ranking models for digital advertising platforms will be a plus, including A/B testing and data gathering/statistical analysis to improve on both user engagement and revenue.
- Collaborate closely and build rapport with product, research, and engineering teams.
- Quickly prototype hypotheses.
- Design and develop a world-class ad decision engine from the ground-up.
- Take full ownership of product deployments while adhering to best practices for CI/CD.
- Influence the technical direction for the team through conviction and experimentation.
You have experience:
- In digital media and ad technology, including ad serving, pricing, ranking, and formatting optimizations.
- Prototyping and launching models in a product environment.
- Deep-diving into complex problems and bugs and drawing conclusions logically.
- With agile methodologies and playing key roles in agile teams in product delivery.
- Successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams, executives, and representatives across stakeholder groups.
- Skilled and knowledgeable on the latest machine learning techniques and advancements.
- Self-critical and constantly striving to accelerate the pace on machine learning.
- Passionate about the ads ecosystem, with a willingness to learn about and adopt new concepts.
- Excellent at problem-solving through insightful data analysis and logical deduction.
- A strong cross-functional team player, working with product and engineering counterparts to design and implement models.
- An effective communicator with a solution-oriented mindset.
Benefits and perks
- Offices in Atlanta, Menlo Park, Los Angeles, New York, and London
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Healthcare benefits go into effect from your first day, including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurance, wellness and behavioral health resources, and telehealth
- Company-funded HSAs, 401k matching, new hire home office stipend, monthly phone/internet stipend, commuter benefits, educational assistance, student debt repayment, Calm app subscriptions, and a "Lifestyle Spending Account" for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, professional development, special interest groups, and employee stock purchase plans
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you – whoever you are. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or let your recruiter know.