Director of Engineering, Ads Marketplace
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the team
The Ads Marketplace Optimization team is a small and mighty team focusing on delivering the best set of offers for every opportunity. By leveraging cutting edge machine learning techniques, the team is laser focused on moving key metrics for the company and our customers through optimal offer selection/ranking, budget management, pricing.
What you’ll do
Director of Engineering, Ads Marketplace will manage, lead and set the vision for the team optimizing on Ads delivery for the Cardlytics Ads marketplace. This role requires someone with a proven track record in marketplace optimizations and strong hands-on experience in Machine Learning techniques used in AdTech. Proven experience and impact on key metrics around user engagement, budget consumption and overall marketplace optimization will be highly valued. This is a critical responsibility which is at the heart of the core business for the company. The ideal candidate will also have strong influence and input on the general machine learning direction for the company.
- Collaborate closely and build rapport with product and engineering teams.
- Set the vision, yearly plan and quarterly plan for the team.
- Manage a small but mighty team of Machine Learning and Data engineers.
- Quickly prototype hypotheses.
- Design and develop Ad optimization workflows and concepts at scale
- Influence the technical direction for the team and company.
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience managing a small and mighty team of experienced ICs.
- 5+ years hands-on experience leveraging cutting-edge machine learning techniques and advancements in industry, with a proven impact on company metrics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record in digital media and ad technology, including ads optimizations
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
The anticipated base salary for this role is $255,000 - $280,000 annually, not including bonus and other benefits. Cardlytics’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and individual pay may be determined by additional factors such as role-related skills, experience, education, training, and more.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or inform your recruiter.