Director, Revenue Accounting
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Position
Reports to: VP, Controller
Location: Atlanta, Georgia (Hybrid), 2-3 days per week
- Manage the end to end revenue cycle process.
- Direct, manage and provide leadership to Revenue Manager and Credit/Collections Specialist with indirect oversight of an additional 4 billing and revenue accountants.
- Drive team objectives of a timely and accurate month-end close including billing, revenue recognition, partner share payments, deferred revenue, cash application, bad debt reserves.
- Review monthly revenue recognition, deferred revenue, cash collections, bad debt expense and other complex month-end reconciliations and calculations.
- Serve as control owner for key revenue controls.
- Enhance existing practices and develop best practices around revenue accounting processes and use of systems and tools.
- Partner with finance management and cross-functionally with legal, sales, product, engineering, and bank teams to document, validate and confirm billing and revenue recognition impacts prior to execution.
- Deliver internal month-end reporting and analysis of consolidated revenue, partner share and receivables.
- Assist with the implementation of any new revenue recognition standards.
- Become as a subject matter expert on the aspects of accounting revenue cycle with adequate understanding of upstream and downstream and parallel dependencies.
- Address critical and complex business, functional and operational issues.
- Oversee resolution of appropriate internal and external customer and partner queries.
- Provide support for quarterly and year-end audit efforts and SEC reporting requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with a concentration in accounting.
- 7-10 years of prior full-cycle, month-end close accounting experience.
- An understanding of GAAP/Accrual Accounting principles especially around revenue recognition (ASC 606).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are essential with an emphasis on creating spreadsheets, analyzing large data sets, and using advanced functions such as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and IF statements.
- Experience with reengineering or optimizing complex billing processes
- Exceptional managerial, communication and interpersonal skillset.
- A strong work ethic and an initiative-taking “can do” demeanor.
- Prior experience working with systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Blackline, and GoTransverse are a plus.
- Able to work efficiently, manage multiple tasks, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- An exceptional problem-solver with an advanced critical analysis skillset.
- A team-oriented individual with a positive and collaborative approach to problem-solving in a friendly and professional manner.
- Able to work independently and adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Enthusiastic and committed to the goals of the team and the overall company.
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or inform your recruiter.