Software Engineer III (Core Data Platform)
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the role
Reports to: VP, Engineering – Data Products
- Develop new applications and features that provide data and data services to different teams within the enterprise, including engineering, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams.
- Create high-performance and scalable data platforms that can support multiple data pipelines to ingest and deliver data as quickly and reliably as possible.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code to ensure software quality.
- Build insights products using large amounts of financial data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software features.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Participate in the design and implementation of software architecture and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems as a backend engineer.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Scala, Java or Python.
- Experience building reporting and scheduler systems.
- Experience working with Kafka, EMR, Airflow, Spark, Airflow, Hadoop or similar.
- Experience building Data Lake with Glue, Hudi, Druid is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully; you listen the same way, and you do both across all levels of the organization with confidence.
- Able to offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; able to accept and manage risk and drive change.
- Able to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope.
- A self-starter, driving projects forward with limited oversight.
- Passionate, with a genuine interest and enthusiasm about data, data technologies, and solving data challenges.
Benefits and perks
- Offices in Atlanta, Menlo Park, Los Angeles, New York City, and London
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Healthcare benefits go into effect from your first day, including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurance, wellness and behavioral health resources, and telehealth
- Company-funded HSAs, 401k matching, new hire home office stipend, monthly phone/internet stipend, commuter benefits, educational assistance, student debt repayment, Calm app subscriptions, and a "Lifestyle Spending Account" for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, professional development, special interest groups, and employee stock purchase plans
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you – whoever you are. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or let your recruiter know.