Principal Software Engineer, Platform
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Team
Cardlytics is growing its Platform Engineering team and we’re looking for experienced practitioners who are eager to bring their knowledge, experience, and skills to our organization as we evolve our technology infrastructure and operations! We work with new and innovative technologies and our work impacts the entire organization.
About the Position
Reports to: Senior Director, Platform Engineering
Location: Austin, TX
- Understand next-generation platforms and technologies, and how to integrate them into the Cardlytics ecosystem to drive innovation.
- Design and implement automation and modular solutions to drive adoption and acceleration of new technologies and design patterns across the organization.
- Provide guidance and education to teammates and the larger organization, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and org-wide adoption of best practices.
- Collaborate with external teams in cross-functional efforts to implement and improve robust systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 7+ years working in SRE/DevOps/Full Stack Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience deploying and maintaining production environments utilizing both Linux and Windows, in collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Experience deploying and maintaining CI/CD pipelines utilizing tools such as Terraform Cloud, Ansible and Github Actions.
- Experience implementing automation and interacting with APIs as part of a holistic approach to Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration Management.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining AWS environments utilizing components such as:
- Compute – EC2, EKS, Lambda
- Networking and Load Balancing – VPC, Transit Gateway, ELB
- Security, Identity, and Compliance – Control Tower, Security Hub, IAM
- Extensive knowledge of best practice design patterns and processes based on the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experienced and comfortable with providing thought leadership in the areas of cloud infrastructure, architecture, and automation.
- A leader of cross-functional, collaborative teams and projects within a complex engineering ecosystem.
- Effective at communicating with peers and leaders across disciplines in a constructive, solution-oriented way.
- Capable of utilizing data and observability tools to solve challenging problems and coordinate effective resolutions.
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or inform your recruiter.