Director of Engineering, CloudOps
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Team
Cardlytics is growing its Platform Engineering team and we’re looking for an experienced leader who is eager to bring their knowledge, experience, and skills to our organization as we evolve our technology infrastructure and operations! We work with new and innovative technologies and our work impacts the entire organization.
About the Position
Reports to: VP of Platform Engineering
Location: Menlo Park, CA
- Oversee and direct the Cloud Operations Team to ensure that services, systems and cloud infrastructure work securely and reliably.
- Develop and maintain cloud policies, procedures and Service Level Agreement ("SLAs").
- Manage observability infrastructure and tooling including DataDog, SumoLogic, service uptime monitoring.
- Ensure the high security, availability, performance and SLAs of our global cloud network infrastructure.
- Ensure that network configuration and patching meet the industry standards and best practices
- Remotely liaise with data center service providers in relation to network, equipment, information security and service provisions for our UK presence.
- Ensure technical operational problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop, test and execute the disaster recovery plan.
- Manage cloud infrastructure, service or software implementation projects.
- Assist to devise, track and control the annual operating and capital budgets for the cloud infrastructure department.
- Act as the primary Vendor Manager for the engineering department.
- 10+ years of management/leadership experience.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining AWS environments utilizing components such as:
- Compute – EC2, EKS, Lambda
- Networking and Load Balancing – VPC, Transit Gateway, ELB
- Security, Identity, and Compliance – Control Tower, Security Hub, IAM
- Extensive knowledge of best practice design patterns and processes based on the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Proven leadership capabilities in cloud management and cloud operations.
- Strong familiarity with information security, risk management and compliance requirements.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in project management, budget management, Business Continuity Plan and Vendor Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or a directly related field preferred
- Experienced and comfortable with providing thought leadership in the areas of cloud infrastructure, architecture, and automation.
- A leader of cross-functional, collaborative teams and projects within a complex engineering ecosystem.
- Effective at communicating with peers and leaders across disciplines in a constructive, solution-oriented way.
- Capable of utilizing data and observability tools to solve challenging problems and coordinate effective resolutions.
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
The anticipated base salary for this role is $265,000 - 280,000 annually, not including bonus and other benefits. Cardlytics’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and individual pay may be determined by additional factors such as role-related skills, experience, education, training, and more.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or inform your recruiter.