Principal Software Engineer - Core Data Team
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Position
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Menlo Park, CA
The core data platform is responsible for the data infrastructure that power the various products and offerings within Cardlytics. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our team.
- Provide Technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
- Architecting and developing new applications and features that provide data and data services to different teams within the enterprise, including engineering, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams.
- Creating high-performance and scalable data platforms that can support multiple data pipelines to ingest and deliver data as quickly and reliably as possible.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code to ensure software quality.
- Building insights products using large amounts of financial data.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software features.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Conducting testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Participating in the design and implementation of software architecture and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven track record in producing maintainable software implementations with highest quality
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers and providing technical leadership
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed system
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Scala, Java or Python
- Backend software engineer with experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience building reporting and scheduler systems
- Experience working with AWS services, Kafka, EMR, Airflow, Spark, Hadoop or similar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building Data Lake with Glue, Hudi, Druid is a plus
- Able to express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully; you listen the same way, and you do both across all levels of the organization with confidence
- Able to offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; able to accept and manage risk and drive change
- Able to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope
- A self-starter: you drive projects forward with limited oversight
- Passionate: you have genuine interest and enthusiasm about data, data technologies, and solving data challenges
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
The base salary range provided below does not include bonus and other benefits. Cardlytics’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and individual pay may be determined by additional factors such as role-related skills, experience, education, training, and more.
The anticipated annual base salary for this role is: $200,000 - $250,000
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or inform your recruiter.