Chief of Staff, Human Resources
A leader in the payments industry, Elavon provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than one million merchants around the world. Elavon is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Chief of Staff is a member of our Human Resources (HR) Leadership Team, reporting to our Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), and will be responsible for planning and directing all administrative, financial, and day to day activities driven by and in support of the office of the CHRO. This leader will serve as a key strategic and execution focused leader to the CHRO and the broader HR Executive Leadership Team. They will be focused on influencing leadership at all levels of HR to deliver on strategic and operational goals for the HR Function with a planned and thoughtful approach, on schedule, and within budget.
This leader will work closely with our HR Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and across the HR Senior Leadership Group (SLG). This includes the Heads of HR (HR leaders aligned to our business lines, functions, and Europe), Head of Strategy, Operations, and Services, and our Heads of Global HR Centers of Excellence (COEs), such as Human Resources Advisory Services, Enterprise Recruiting, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, and Talent & Culture Enablement.
The incumbent will be responsible for partnering with Finance for day-to-day budget management, supporting HR Strategy, Operations, and Services (SOS) with efforts around all strategic investment requests, and identifying and implementing solutions to close potential budget gaps. In addition, they will have responsibility for the HR management ecosystem, including managing the cadence and organization of HR leadership meetings and offsites for the ELT, SLG, and broader HR Function. They will also partner and support HR SOS in contributing to the strategic planning process, personally driving assigned initiatives, while working across the organization to deliver against all tactics and efforts associated with our HR strategic initiatives.
This leader needs to understand the overarching HR strategy and how it enables the business strategy, ultimately having necessary knowledge and expertise to translate the strategy into actions focused on empowering and enabling our workforce to deliver against our business priorities. The role requires a strong leader who is fully competent in most areas of Human Resources, project management, agile methodology, and program management, and they must be passionate about empowering and enabling our HR leaders, while consistently demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset and unwavering strive for excellence.
- Optimizes and orchestrates the management ecosystem for the HR function, helping the HR Leadership Team with meeting cadence to work efficiently and effectively.
- Works closely with the CHRO’s Executive Assistant, at times providing work direction, coordinating, and prioritizing the calendar of the CHRO, ensuring time and efforts are maximized for optimal output. Includes partnering with HR Communications and coordinating townhall and employee meetings across our footprint for HR employees and broader U.S. Bank employee base.
- Acts as a communications champion across the HR leadership team, relaying information between CHRO and the HR Executive Leadership Team when needed, and across the broader HR Senior Leadership Group.
- Partners closely with the Head of HR Strategy, Operations, and Services and their team, to fully capture, leverage, and utilize data and analytics to drive organizational performance against strategic initiatives and operational priorities.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, and develop and drive tactics that improve workflow, teamwork, organizational performance, and budget management.
- Effectively leads new and/or special initiatives, identifying risks, cost, and work to achieve it, which may include delegation to HR leaders and their respective teams.
- Takes ownership of ongoing emerging and/or unplanned initiatives associated with the HR Function, leading efforts through completion, or assigning to other designated leaders or team as needed.
- Plays key role in planning and coordinating all ELT and SLG leadership sessions and offsites and plays role in facilitating weekly team huddles and other meetings as needed.
- Oversees daily operations of the office of the CHRO, which may include working with HR leaders on initiative coordination or business administration activities.
- Partners with Finance to manage day-to-day budget planning and forecasting in alignment with Annual Plan and supports HR SOS on work associated with strategic capital investment requests for the HR function.
- Collaborates closely with key HR leaders and other stakeholders across the organization with a continuous improvement mindset, understanding opportunities and creating solutions.
- Work closely with key partners and stakeholders, preparing necessary materials, documents, and reports for key audiences, such as the Managing Committee, Board, etc.
- Coach and mentor talent across the HR organization, acting as a talent champion for the function, working closely with all ELT members and key partners.
- Drive assigned work with focus on effectiveness, simplicity, and efficiency, removing roadblocks and eliminating bureaucracy at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in business, human resources, education, or related field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ten plus years of Human Resources (HR), operational, business, and/ or managerial experience.
- Deep knowledge of HR leadership and practices in financial services or highly regulated industry or field.
- Business and HR leader with progressive experience working at both a strategic and executional level, consulting with executive level leaders, and operating in a matrix-based environment.
- Ability to think and process information as a strategic thought partner, while translating this strategic vision into action.
- INFLUENCE: Proven history of leading and/or influencing senior leaders and teams by proven results driven through excellent leadership in action.
- BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Experience analyzing data, providing solutions, and recommend action, and regulating spend as it related to overall budget.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Problem solving orientated, with the ability to recognize needs, anticipate issues, and develop solutions using strong analytical, business knowledge, and financial acumen.
- STRATEGIC THINKING: Strategic thought leader that proactively responds to changing business needs and objectives, while considering HR implications of business or people related decisions and actions.
- COMMUNICATION: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively build and articulate messages with story-telling technics and detailed points of view.
- INTERPERSONAL: Outstanding interpersonal, influence-management, and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders and presenting to senior leaders.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Experience in developing strategies and providing work direction and guidance to a broader team or organization. Ability to make sense out of complex situations, demonstrating intellectual curiosity, and driving outcomes with appropriate levels of governance and controls.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Expert level skills in lean six sigma, continuous improvement, and data analytics and management, amongst other process improvement skills.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE: Expert-level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Visio, and Teams.
- Minneapolis, MN (preferred)
- Tempe, AZ
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $160,480.00 - $188,800.00 - $207,680.00
This is an Elavon posting. Elavon is a part of the U.S. Bank family.