Large Bank Capital Risk Specialist / Examiner
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Large Bank Capital Risk Specialist / Examiner to be part of a dedicated supervisory team responsible for a large savings and loan holding company, covering capital planning and positions. You will report to the Deputy Central Point of Contact over Financial Resiliency and will be responsible for rating Capital under the Federal Reserve’s Large Financial Institution’s rating framework and interagency CAMELS rating framework. In this role you will lead and participate in examinations as part of our continuous supervision model for Large Banking Organizations (LBOs). We are seeking a lead risk specialist or senior examiner, with specific expertise in the areas of capital planning and assessment, stress testing, and capital management. The successful candidate will also have secondary expertise in the areas of credit risk management, including retail credit; evaluating earnings; liquidity and investment management, including capital markets; and market and interest rate management. We prefer you be based in Dallas, TX.
- Partner with other examiners and risk specialists in a team environment to effectively build and execute a supervisory plan for evaluating the firm’s capital planning and positions.
- Analyze bank policies, procedures and controls related to safety and soundness examinations and propose regulatory conclusions and ratings related to Capital.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the team for Capital, participate in the development and execution of examination scope memos, assessment work programs, conclusion memos, and supervisory feedback letters as well as develop work papers to document your analysis and support your conclusions.
- Perform continuous monitoring, reporting on changes in inherent risks and risk management practices of the firm, with focus on the impact to capital adequacy. This will include monitoring trends and developments through the review of internal risk management reports, regulatory filings and surveillance reports, and interaction with senior bank officials, other regulators, and internal auditors.
- Demonstrate agility and leadership through ability to cover other financial risk topics (i.e., credit, market, earnings, liquidity and interest rate) based on team need. Collaborate with other risk specialists on the team to develop a comprehensive understanding of CSC’s financial risks and businesses.
- Participate in the assessment of the firm’s remediation of supervisory issues; delivering clear, written and oral supervisory messages to firm leadership in collaboration with other examiners and risk specialists.
- Maintain a high level of subject matter expertise in your risk discipline and keep abreast of emerging issues of particular relevance to the firm.
- Collaborate with other examiners, risk specialists, representatives from the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending and analysts from the Board of Governors to recommend a variety of regulatory assessments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with examination team members and business lines.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in banking, financial services, or banking supervision.
- Examiner Commission and/or LBO supervisory experience preferred.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.