Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Job Description Summary
Our Information Technology division is looking for an enthusiastic Site Reliability Engineer, experienced in cloud-based infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, and full stack development to work within the Cloud Services team. As our Site Reliability Engineer you will report to the Application Integration & Support Manager and design new and enhance existing infrastructure solutions and leverage experience to help set technology direction. As our Site Reliability Engineer, you will have strong logic and problem-solving skills, a "big-picture" thinker with the insight to guide creation and maintenance of reusable enterprise technology solutions.
- Design complex full-stack cloud and on-premises technology solutions in collaboration with application development teams, aligned with vision established by technology and product leaders.
- Take ownership of existing technology solutions, design and recommend improvements that increase efficiency, resiliency, and reduce manual effort
- Develop the peer review process for Infrastructure as Code (IaC), maintained in a code repository. IaC tools include Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, bash and Python.
- Lead the implementation of additional processes that maintain an automation first approach to infrastructure and middleware management.
- Work with teams to understand their current infrastructure state and how to assist them in achieving the next step forward.
- Help create roadmaps to sunset, replace and decommission legacy implementations as new capabilities are introduced.
- Be an expert for infrastructure operations, cloud and on-prem; act as an escalation point for System Admins.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study, or commensurate experience
- 5 years of experience in information systems with a combination of the following:
- Technical certification
- Experience building and scaling highly available cloud architectures, all while maintaining high-quality codebases
- Experience using system monitoring and automated self-healing
- Knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Python, shell scripting, and other automation tools
- Full stack application development experience, including CI/CD pipeline development, automated builds, testing, and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience building infrastructure solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS), including tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Lambda, and serverless deployments
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevSecOps methods of planning work
- Travel 5%
- US Citizen
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible onsite work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.