QA Engineer III (SDET)
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, on, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
We are looking for a well-trained and motivated DEV/Test Engineer (SDET) who is passionate about ensuring quality in software development and increasing speed through automation. This role will include collaboration with external data providers and other partner teams. This role requires someone who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a degree of creativity and latitude. You’ll work closely with business, product and engineering teams to identify features, develop and automate system validation strategies to improve product quality and shorten release time from dev to production. This position involves the validation of applications, databases, data transformations, and services in the overall application architecture. The individual will be responsible to identify and implement solutions using internal, industry standard tools or open-source tools & infrastructure
This position will follow the AUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE, AND DEVELOPMENT TESTING TRACK.
AUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE, AND DEVELOPMENT TESTING TRACKS
Develop functional and system level test automation in a multi-tiered environment using modern frameworks such as Junit, Unit, Restful Services and API frameworks, and other industry test automation tools approved for use at FRS as applicable. Using programming languages like C#, Python or Java with a modern IDE (Visual Studio, IntelliJ, or similar), and source code management products like TFS/Azure DevOps, GIT
AUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE, AND DEVELOMENT TESTING TRACKS
Work closely with key SMEs such as the Product Owner, System Architect, and/or Project Manager to plan the test automation strategy/approach for scalable/risk-based test coverage; inculcating the development and execution of scripts/scenarios and mining/creation of custom and applicable testing data.
Incorporate the tests aligned with the application under test database schemas using complex stored procedures and queries in environments such as SQLServer, Oracle, or similar.
Participate on Bank, department, or system projects of higher complexity. Demonstrates effective Core Competency skills for grade and position. Performs other related duties as assigned. Actively involved in the accomplishment of departmental and Bank wide quality initiatives. Complies with all applicable information security policies, guidelines, and practices.
Mentor junior QA Engineers by providing direction and guidance when needed. with a concentration in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent significant experience in information technology and software testing is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Independently, presents both orally and in writing, findings and assessments; prepares and presents information and responses to higher complexity inquiries; demonstrates the ability to manage the communication process; the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely; actively engages in transferring technical knowledge; diffuses conflict and builds consensus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems; Demonstrates expert level analytical and problem solving skills; organizes data and information in a manner that effectively communicates issues; identifies underlying issues or problems and recognizes symptoms that indicate more severe problems or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and participate effectively on a team; leads complex and diverse team efforts by virtue of both technical expertise and leadership skills of influence; draws on experience to resolve higher complexity issues; displays strong interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management skills. Possess a meticulous and organized approach to work; Identifies and assesses higher complexity supervisory issues; effectively manages higher complexity issues in order to meet our objectives and goals.
- Excellent knowledge of various computer systems and technologies with an ability to learn new skills and technology quickly. An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies.
- Subject to minimal or no oversight in work performed; serves as mentor and/or coach and provides constructive feedback to less experienced staff; engages other stakeholders in collecting feedback and input to complete work activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CTFL and Product Specific Certifications as applicable per track are preferred.
- AUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT TESTING TRACK: Minimum 7 years of experience designing and developing test automation using a software development approach. Minimum 5 years of automation development experience with technologies described above.
The salary grade for this position is: Grade 15
We offer a great benefits package that features:
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
- Parental Leave
- Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
- All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen when eligible to do so and pursue a path to citizenship. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a permanent resident and a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an applicable background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
- We will consider the potential for candidates to work remotely for candidates outside of the greater Philadelphia commuting distance.
- Learn more about the Philly Fed and its culture. Learn more about working for the Philly Fed.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.