Law Enforcement Officer
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s responsibilities include promoting stable prices, economic growth and a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
Position Summary: Law Enforcement Officer, St Louis, MO – Day, Evening or Night Shift
As a Law Enforcement Officer, you will report to an Assistant Manager and help protect Bank property, valuables, and staff. Also, you will maintain the security perimeter at our building entrances, and perform routine building patrols to: prevent unauthorized entry to premises; provide fire protection; and, deter criminal and other irregular activities. Also, as a Law Enforcement Officer, you will perform public relations functions by: answering inquiries and providing direction to employees and visitors.
Performance Expectations / Duties
- Exercise absolute control of access to entrances and secured areas under your control using current admitting procedures
- Screen packages, deliveries, and baggage entering and leaving bank
- Understand all Law Enforcement post equipment, alarms, logs, and devices
- Perform building patrols within established guidelines
- Monitor and operate closed circuit TV and alarms
- Know location and demonstrate proper use of all emergency equipment
- Use computer and online tools.
Appearance and Behavior Expectations
- Demonstrate good public relations skills when dealing with internal and external customers
- Follow proper uniform, appearance, and equipment standards
- Demonstrate good conflict resolution skills and a thorough understanding of the use of force continuum
- Present a positive professional image when on duty
- Follow established procedures when using communication devices (telephone, radio, and intercom)
- Act strictly within established procedures and refer questionable matters to the supervisor or group leader; respond immediately to all emergency situations; maintain control of environment near security posts.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in security procedures, law enforcement, public safety, military or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Firearms proficiency with pistol, carbine, and shotgun
- Ability to attend the Law Enforcement Academy upon hire and successfully complete the requirements
Salary: $53,500 - (10% shift differential for evening & nights)
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to a great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.