Business Systems Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for a Business Systems Analyst. You will analyze and solve operational, administrative, systems-related, and/or customer issues with and for department management and staff. You will act as product owner for one or more applications and recommend, design and assist in the implementation of technical solutions to solve business problems and to increase business process efficiency. In addition, you will produce effective written recommendations, proposals, use cases and other documents to communicate analysis and solutions, as well as Identify, prepare and deliver meaningful management information in connection both with ongoing business operations and changes.
- Observe or interview department staff members to understand information and process support needs; seeks out, studies, and incorporates existing requirements, relevant policies, procedures, standards, and guidance relevant to the assignment.
- Analyze information gathered and plans, writes and delivers assessments, proposals, training, and general communications to customers and department management.
- Specify and design electronic data collection, reporting and processing tools, primarily using Microsoft Office components and other end user technologies with a focus on providing or processing analytical, status reporting and decision support information.
- Provide support for defining product strategy, executing plans and delivering product features.
- Gather and document business requirements for software development projects.
- Prepare use cases, UI design artifacts and user documentation of business processes.
- Groom the product backlog to ensure features are prioritized according to business value, customer needs and aligns with the department’s strategic priorities.
- Participate in meetings with business users and software developers to achieve agreement on requirements.
- Interface with engineers, designers, Scrum Masters and customers to develop user stories.
- Identify and document test cases for new and existing business requirements
- Participate on test teams; prepare test plans and scripts.
- Conduction functional, acceptance, security and performance testing; assists with post implementation reviews.
- Requires a bachelors degree in business, economics, MIS, computer science; Masters degree is a plus
- 3 years of experience as Business Analyst; Business Analyst certification may be substituted
- Experience in a product owner role and knowledge of Agile concepts is a plus
- Ability to analyze business problems to produce business process design
- Knowledge of software development methodologies as they relate to the business requirements and testing processes
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office technologies and proficient with MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present analysis to management and staff and for preparation of clear concise documentation, analysis and status reports
- Experience with applications in a cloud environment and cloud services is a plus
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. For this specific role, 3-4 days per week of work can be conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
This position requires that you are a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien with three or more years of U.S. residency.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.