Cash Handler - Seattle
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWe are the San Francisco Fed, public servants with a congressionally mandated mission to promote a sound and stable economy to support the lives of all Americans. We are a community-engaged bank, and we are committed to understanding and serving the vibrant, diverse people of the Twelfth District. That means we seek and appreciate new perspectives. We respect people for what they do and for who they are. We build opportunities to learn and grow. When you join the SF Fed, you become part of a team united in its purpose to promote an economy that works for everyone.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Seattle branch, is seeking a dynamic, versatile individual to work as a Cash Handler in a high volume, production-oriented environment. The cash handler assists in receiving, processing, and distribution of United States (US) currency and coin to financial institutions on behalf of the Federal Reserve Bank.
Banking experience is not required. Experience in military, manufacturing, automotive, biotech, electronics, energy, machinery, defense/aerospace, medical, cosmetics, production, or distribution environments are also desired.
Location: Federal Reserve Bank - Seattle Branch
2700 Naches Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057
*Applicants will need to be flexible in working the following shift times to meet operational needs.*
Shift Day/Time: Monday – Friday
What you'll do
• Responsible for receiving, processing, and distributing United States (US) currency and coin in a highly regulated environment while applying strong attention to detail and adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Operate complex processing equipment and troubleshoot machine issues accurately to support achievement of production goals, service levels, and contractual obligations.
• Work together with team members in a dynamic production environment to maintain quality control policies and work procedures.
• Complete customer transactions and inventory management through balancing, reconciling, and settlement of currency and coin holdings on a daily basis.
• Identify, assesses, and collaborate with leadership to resolve problems of varying degrees of complexity within the operation. The types of problems include but are not limited to machine issues, inventory management, customer transactions, and accounting and settlement activity.
• Contribute ideas for best practices and operational enhancements to management that improve production, operational quality, or drive employee engagement and growth.
Desired Experience + Traits
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrates competence in basic math and accounting skills
• Data entry and computer operating experience including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Possess strong teamwork and customer service orientation.
• Possess time management and organizational skills to carry out multiple priorities at one time in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exhibits strong communication and diplomacy skills when working with staff, management, customers, and third party vendors.
• Possess the technical aptitude to learn and effectively operate systems, computer based applications, equipment and tools utilized in the daily operating environment.
• Manual dexterity in preparing and operating machinery
• Can lift up to 50 pounds, and push/pull containers that weigh up to 1,200 pounds.
• Can stand for extended lengths of time
Hourly Range: Min: $20.14 - Mid: $26.15 - Max: $32.21 (Location: Seattle WA)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.