Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe Agile Center for Innovation is looking for a Scrum Master. As our Scrum Master, you will report to an Agile Coach in our IT Department and provide support for 1 or 2 agile teams operating within one of the Agile frameworks. The Scrum Master is accountable for team improvement by guiding teams through the agile mindset in adopting Agile practices to ensure team effectiveness. This includes using quantitative metrics and qualitative insights to discover opportunities for continuous improvement and to celebrate successes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the team's business line management and Agile Coach to continue and foster the Agile Mindset for the benefit of the team
- Be a Team Facilitator for all applicable ceremonies within the team's working process
- Coach the entire team around the Agile Principles to ensure team processes align to deliver business value
- Promote continuous learning by identifying/creating workshops and trainings
- Ensure team is dedicated to continuous improvement at regular intervals by conducting retrospectives; including mediating team conflicts, helping the team create information radiators, and removing impediments hindering the team's progress
- Promote a healthy, collaborative relationship between the product owner and the team; including challenging the team to experiment and protecting them from outside distractions
- Partner with Business Line coach with incremental planning, overall Sr. Leadership strategy, and agile mindset adoption barriers and opportunities
- Expand Agile knowledge beyond core frameworks (Scrum, Kanban) and learn scaling techniques
- Participate or facilitate Communities of Practice and Lean Coffee sessions
- US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree with a major or specialized courses in Technology or Business or commensurate experience
3+ years' relevant experience in a role requiring technical knowledge, inclusive of direct experience using Agile methodologies and tools and a combination of the following:
o Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment of others, and transparency
o Understanding of Scrum
o Understanding of Kanban
o Current certifications as a Scrum Master or Agile Team Facilitator are helpful
- Current certifications as a Scrum Master or Agile Team Facilitator are helpful
- Travel (5%)
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $87,000 - $108,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
· Generous paid time off
· Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
· 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
· Top-notch health care benefits
· Child and family care leave
· Professional development opportunities
· And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology, Project Management Family
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.