Examiner- Safety and Soundness
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas CityAt the KC Fed, we know that great people make a great organization. When you join the KC Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive and stable financial system, making a difference in local communities.
We succeed by emphasizing the growth and development of diverse team members like you and supporting a culture that empowers staff to make a difference. As a financial institutions examiner at the KC Fed, you will contribute to the safety and soundness of the nation’s financial system while benefiting from a flexible/hybrid schedule, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package (learn more about what working at the KC Fed can mean for you).
What Makes an Examiner successful?
Are you an inquisitive, analytical person who enjoys working in teams and leading others? As part of our examination team, you’ll find a collaborative culture that encourages staffs to exercise initiative and ownership of their work. More specifically, you’ll be:
- Using an inquisitive and analytical mindset to independently review financial information, assess legal and regulatory compliance, evaluate risks within banking organizations, and ask questions to get to the root cause of potential issues or concerns.
- Leveraging strong communication skills to lead meetings with executive leaders at financial institutions and produce clear and concise written documents and reports.
- Relying on strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members and reach consensus with a wide range of audiences.
- Providing guidance to banking executives and coaching team members to foster maximized performance.
- Investing in the development of your peers by proactively sharing knowledge and regularly providing peer level feedback in support of the KC Fed’s focus on employee growth.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Typically requires 0 years of banking industry experience related to audit, credit analysis, regulatory compliance, information security, cybersecurity, and/or asset/liability management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in applicable field, or relevant work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20-30 percent of the time.
- Effective skills using Microsoft Office products, web-based applications, and email.
- Ability to work out of our Oklahoma City office.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bank examiner commission from federal or state banking regulatory agency.
- Graduate or advanced degree in business, management, accounting, finance, economics, or management information systems.
- Leadership experience demonstrating strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
In some cases, positions require access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 12 CFR 268.205. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite timeframes.
Our Total Rewards program offers benefits that go beyond the basics featuring:
- Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k/Thrift Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Onsite Fitness Center (Kansas City location)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Onsite Garage Parking at No Cost
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.