Sr. AP Analyst (Tax Specialist)
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for an experienced Tax Reporting Analyst (Sr. Accounts Payable Analyst) who will handle regular issues independently and confer with management on complex matters. As the Tax Reporting Analyst, you have substantial personal responsibility and are primarily self-directed. You will interact and communicate frequently with internal and external customers, other Federal Reserve Banks, and Audit.
- Apply advanced comprehensive tax accounting principles, practices and techniques to record, classify and analyze accounts payable data and transactions.
- Review payment data to determine tax reportability and apply withholding, as applicable.
- File 1099 MISC, 1099 NEC, and 1042 Foreign Tax information returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as well as state authorities across the US in accordance with IRS regulations and state authorities.
- Maintain knowledge of current IRS tax rules, changes, and deadlines.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders on tax classifications, reporting, and filing, and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide support for problem resolutions, including analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, root cause identification and corrective actions related to processes and serves as a resource to others.
- Research and evaluate processes to provide recommended enhancements/standardization to improve the efficiency/effectiveness of accounts payable systems and policies.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials desired.
- IRS tax reporting certification preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in a tax or accounting field.
- Ability to speak clearly and write effectively.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.