Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoThe Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Financial Markets Group is focused on advancing financial policy and robust market practices to promote the stability of the U.S. financial system. We analyze and advise on issues that affect the entire life cycle of activity in exchange-traded derivatives such as interest rate products, equities, commodities, and emerging asset classes like digital assets. We are part of the Research, Policy, and Public Engagement function.
As part of a versatile and collaborative team of professionals, you will conduct applied research on policy issues affecting financial markets, with a focus on trading, clearing, and settlement of derivatives. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader from industry, academia or a regulatory environment to produce high quality, impactful work directly connected to the responsibilities of the Federal Reserve.
- Lead independent research and communicate findings to the public through published reports and speaking engagements.
- Identify and lead efforts to advance internal policy analysis to Bank objectives related to monetary policy and financial stability.
- Advise Reserve Bank President, other senior Bank leaders, and other policymakers on matters related to your area of expertise through written analysis and presentations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with financial industry leaders, focused on market makers, exchanges, and clearinghouses.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to advance Bank-level objectives.
- Contribute to a highly collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business, or public policy, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as an industry participant, regulator, or academic scholar
- Commitment to public service.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality research or policy analysis.
- Existing contacts in the field would be beneficial.
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
Travel approximately up to 10%
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo applicable background checks and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.