Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoThe Solution Architect will be part of the Federal Reserve Financial Services (FRFS) Payments Solution Architecture team. The Architecture team has accountability for technology choices and solution design across multiple payment systems including FedACH and Check payment systems. The Solution Architect is a technical leader responsible for researching, analyzing, proposing, and architecting requirements-based products and solutions that align with the business and technology needs of the enterprise. The Solution Architect collaborates with business stakeholders, technology providers, and other architects to develop technology and information architectures, strategies, and roadmaps for payment systems.
Your role as Architect
- Partners with senior leadership of internal business lines, customer entities, Infrastructure provider and peers to assist in the identification of business needs and shapes IT vision by offering appropriate strategic and tactical technical solutions to the business along with a transition roadmap & plan for realizing it.
- Define strategic direction in terms of the technologies, standards, processes, and current/target state architectures across the enterprise.
- Ensure project level solutions adhere to strategic direction in terms of the technologies, standards, processes, and current/target state architectures for data across the enterprise.
- Work across technology, organization, and business to outline large transformation programs and work with program leads and business lines to deliver on them.
- Partner with other Enterprise, Platform, Security, Data, and Infrastructure Architects to deliver best in class solutions.
- Guide the organization to incorporate architecture design patterns, system best practices and standards in architecture, security, and infrastructure.
- Demonstrates leadership and agility when responding to change or when working with ambiguity.
- 5+ years of architecture experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- In-depth knowledge of current and latest technology, industry standards and frameworks, enterprise architecture modeling tools, information management trends and industry developments.
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs.
- Desirable to have banking, financial or payment processing experience.
- Experience defining future state strategy and architecture principles in support of business roadmaps.
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles, and standards.
- Ability to drive ideas and influence stakeholders.
- Ability in confident presentation and in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Desirable to have Cloud certifications or experience.
- Desirable to have strategic Data experience.
- Desirable to have an understanding of software development methodologies including Agile and Scaled Agile centric execution models.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Information System, Systems Analysis or related experience
What we offer
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
- Up to 20% domestic business travel depending on location.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take approximately two months to be completed. The screening covers areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well.
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.