IAM Division Head
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Information Security New York (ISNY) develops, executes, and maintains an information security program that promotes resiliency by identifying and mitigating cyber threats through risk-based consultation, advice, and direction for controls, designs, and investments for the entire Bank.
Your role as an Information Security Division Head for Identify and Access Management (IAM):
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is seeking an experienced cybersecurity leader and manager with a strong focus on Identity and Access Management. Reporting to the Director of Operational Security for the Bank, this cyber security leader with a group of about 13 employee management and staff (plus consultants) fills a role that encompasses strategy, engineering, policy and compliance, risk management, and select business operations support. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an ability to drive programmatic maturity gains through problem-solving, change management, and collaboration with Federal Reserve System partners and other stakeholders within the Bank. Pertinent strategic expertise in advances and trends in IAM (e.g., related to privileged access management, Cloud, and Zero Trust) will enable the candidate’s strategic contributions.
- Guide team efforts to further standardize and automate IAM lifecycle management across varied Cloud-based and premises-based access-managed resources.
- Lead and collaborate with System IT partners on IAM technology and operations, positive employee experience, and clear shared service models.
- Drive the implementation of architectural patterns that will enable the IAM program and its operations (e.g., those related authentication, authorization, IDMS/IGA integration, SSO, MFA, federated access control, Customer IAM (CIAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM), and Zero-Trust).
- Thoughtfully use IAM-related policies and standards as a means not only for risk management and compliance, but also for change management with people managers, resource owners, and other IAM stakeholders.
- Further advance Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) integration so developed and procured enterprise applications and platforms can effectively leverage IAM lifecycle management processes and FRS-supported identity providers.
- Advance initiatives that promote efficient IAM lifecycle such as those that use roles, attributes, and positions.
- Collaborate on analytics that identify access-related risk, help direct the team’s corresponding mitigation efforts.
- Mature Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and Objectives and Key Results (OKR) to drive and track programmatic progress.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience with staff development, including coaching and mentoring.
- Proven success in leading Identity and Access Management strategy, architecture, engineering, and operations.
- Experience with both cyber and access management risk.
- Ability to navigate discussions with senior leaders related to program strategy.
- Ability to leverage change management skills to advance the program with varied stakeholders.
- Expertise in Cloud services and service models, especially with Identity and Access Management.
- An understanding of the complementary disciplines in data management and data protection.
Salary Range: $190000 - $260000 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
Subsidized Public Transportation Program
Tuition Assistance Program
Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.