Lean Agile Coach
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
This role requires a combination of experience and in-depth knowledge of Agile principles, practices, and scaling frameworks to support the creation of a matrix Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE). Delivers coaching and training for leaders, practitioners, and teams to drive the transformation and adoption of lean-agile principles and practices. Responsible for communicating the business need and urgency for change, promoting the adoption of lean-agile principles and practices, and providing visibility into the business outcomes delivered as a result of the organization’s transformation.
*This is a hybrid position located in midtown Atlanta.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has executive level transformation experience.
- Supports the creation of a matrix Lean Agile Center of Excellence to effectively navigate change and develop the ability to work within a transforming system.
- Champions the change to a lean-agile mindset and drives the transformation and adoption of lean-agile principles and practices to achieve business outcomes and a continuous learning culture.
- Designs and delivers transformational agile coaching for leaders and training to teams, scrum masters, product owners, and functional managers.
- Coach teams on the proper usage agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Facilitates Value Stream Identification Workshops (using supporting toolkit) and helps define and launch Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
- Provides coaching and training to ART stakeholders and teams participating in critical, initial events like Program Increment (PI) Planning and Inspect and Adapt (I&A).
- Advises and recommends actions to extend the adoption of lean-agile principles and practices across the organization.
- Supports consistent work tracking across agile programs to aid the collection of Agile metrics for driving data driven decision making and demonstrating impact of coaching and transformation efforts.
- Organizes lean-agile events and connects with the lean-agile community.
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience
2 to 5 years of related Lean Agile experience
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Lean-agile principles and practices
- Facilitation, coaching, and training skills
- SAFe Implementation Road Map Experience
- Expertise in implementing lean-agile principles and practices
- Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SPC)
- Product Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Portfolio Management Professional
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays, flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training, and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.