Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of MinneapolisThe Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is looking for an Operations Supervisor to lead a team within the Treasury Services Division. The Treasury Services Division is one of the largest divisions at the Bank, consisting of over 200 employees.
In this role, you will support the Fulfillment Center operations within Treasury Services. You will be responsible for leading a team of 13-15 direct reports and sharing department specific responsibilities with another supervisor. The work includes leading a team in completing the daily mail operations for the division, meeting operational objectives, driving continuous improvement, and collaborating effectively with your team, peers, and the Treasury Services Leadership team. This position supports a team who operates on-site.
- Supervises and coordinates the scheduling of activities for the staff to ensure optimal day-to-day operating objectives are met while longer-term projects and objectives are achieved.
- Provides work direction, mentoring, and leadership to staff. Coaches and develops staff by communicating performance expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, conducting performance reviews, and ensuring training and development plans and programs are implemented to address individual and team needs.
- Makes recommendations to department management pertaining to employee recognition, hiring, salary, and disciplinary actions.
- Independently resolves routine to moderately complex problems for internal and external customers.
- Escalates more complex issues and concerns as appropriate. Identifies, analyzes, and recommends new or enhanced procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures integrity of controls, regulations, and guidelines.
- Communicates timely and effectively with staff and others about decisions affecting teamwork, processes, resources, and other areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates with business partners to effectively achieve goals and objectives.
- Monitors key unit metrics (e.g., quality measures, productivity, service level objectives, volumes, etc.) against plan, and adjusts resources in consultation with management as appropriate.
- Audits, reviews and/or monitors operational processes and relevant controls, standards, regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent application and compliance.
- Makes recommendations and implements changes as appropriate.
- May analyze and evaluate business needs, assess benefits and risks, and recommend technical and/or business solutions.
- Participates in and/or may lead Department, Bank, and/or System work groups.
- Monitors and tracks expenses within Department budget and approves expenditures within delegated authority limits.
- Encourages creativity and actively encourages diverse points of view, developing new ideas or innovative approaches to department work processes, while considering the Bank's existing culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory or equivalent experience in an operations function, call center function, or related functional area (minimum of 3 years for Operations Supervisor II (minimum of 5 years for Operations Supervisor III).
- Experience to include leadership, coaching, and staff development as well as collaborating with others to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills; oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; organizational and planning abilities; thinking and judgment skills.
- Proficiency using automated tools and business applications that support ongoing operations.
- Demonstrates 9th District core values of: Service, Integrity, Inclusion, Initiative, Accountability, and Objectivity.
Level III responsibilities would include:
- Independently resolves complex and/or non-routine problems for internal and external customers and escalates issues and concerns of the highest level of complexity as appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge in testing and implementing new or improved technology.
- Establishes goals for improving key unit metrics.
- Creates and provides a variety of written communications, including customer notices, technical recommendations, and status reports on projects/tasks to management; presents recommendations and statuses as requested.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) match, and a fully-funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
*The Bank believes in flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also recognizing the necessity of connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Onsite work is an essential function of this position, and you are expected to be in the office 4 days per week for meetings and team collaboration.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.