Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Enterprise Architecture (EA) consolidates accountability for technology choices and solution design across the Technology Group (TG) and the full portfolio, ensuring consistent leadership in the solution design process. EA:
- Elevates the discussion and strategic value of technology within each business area and simplifies access to enterprise level architects.
- Sets enterprise architecture policies and standards to facilitate uniform, practical, and efficient product development.
- Actively engages and collaborates with System IT architects and FRS stakeholders.
The outcome is that FRBNY’s overall architecture blueprint and roadmap are developed and clearly communicated to Business, Technology Leaders and COO, resulting in uniform, practical, and efficient product development in FRBNY as a result of EA policies and guidelines.
Your role as Solutions Architect:
As a Solution Architect assigned to a portfolio of products, applications, and solution squads:
- Demonstrated technical leader with a deep understanding of product business goals, business processes and solutions architecture.
- Propose architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations.
- Map processes, capabilities and business object models to application types and specific solutions in application landscape for assigned area.
- Promote re-use and shared services to reduce complexity of the technology portfolio.
- Produce technical documentation of systems and architectures.
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in your domain of expertise.
- Collaborate with other Federal Reserve System solution architects and Application Development Leadership team workgroups, and attend important solution architecture-related conferences, seminars, and events.
- You will be an individual contributor residing in EA, reporting to the Vice President of Solution Architecture. You will be an experienced and independent Solution Architect professional with demonstrated expertise, business involvement, and ability to work in a matrix operating model and federated environment.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in architecture design and implementation experience.
- Strong background in application and solution development with emphasis on cloud and enterprise platform solutions
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of agile principles and development methodologies including DevSecOps practices
- Conduct hands-on and present results of proof of concepts to multiple partners within and without EA. Knowledge of AWS Cloud related services, Java, Python or other relevant programming skills is desirable.
- Commitment toward diversity and inclusion and one who values diversity of background, thought and perspectives.
- Satisfy the Federal Reserve System’s Conflict of Interest requirements.
- Possess or can obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
Salary Range: $148200 - $254900 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
Subsidized Public Transportation Program
Tuition Assistance Program
Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
This position requires access to certain sensitive information and is therefore limited to individuals who are U.S. Citizens, or lawful permanent resident aliens with three or more years of US residency, and who must undergo a separate background screening.
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.